been with nokia (symbian) for years and years. just made the switch to android and having a few issues. Galaxy s6 edge.

When I am viewing an SMS conversation, with lets say someone named bob, and bob sends me another message, it does not beep if I am still in the bob sms window. I get no notification. To get a notification I have to back out or lock the screen each time. Sometimes I sit my phone down waiting for a reply and when it beeps I know I have a reply. however, with the s6 I am forced to back out of mine and bob's chat window each and every time just so I can receive the notification beep again to know when he has replied. Is there a way to fix this? Or am I forced to use a 3rd party app (not preferred)
    06-02-2015 02:04 PM
    Unfortunately, the -non preferred- option seems to be your only option. The stock messaging app (and if I'm not mistaken, Lollipop's behavior of choice) will not notify you of new messages if the app is open. If you turn off your screen or move to another app, then the notifications will come back.

Third party apps might have this function also, but I'm not sure as I've only used the stock one or Hangouts; neither have it.
    Unfortunately, the -non preferred- option seems to be your only option. The stock messaging app (and if I'm not mistaken, Lollipop's behavior of choice) will not notify you of new messages if the app is open. If you turn off your screen or move to another app, then the notifications will come back.

Third party apps might have this function also, but I'm not sure as I've only used the stock one or Hangouts; neither have it.
    06-02-2015 02:17 PM