Hey guys. I know a lot of you here would love the battery life i am getting so i do not mean to sound like i am complaining! I am mostly just curious! Basically i was amazed with how good my battery life was initially. I think on my second full charge i managed 8h30mins screen on time and probably averaged somewhere between 7hours - 8h30mins for the fist few days (needless to say i made tweaks to achieve those results as i always do when i buy a new phone)

I have since disabled anther 2 or 3 apps and i have also turned off location and used black themed wallpapers purely just to test if i could get even further from the battery! However the opposite has happened! Suddenly iam doing well if i make it to 5h30mins

I know that may not seem bad .......... but its not great considering the amount of tweaks i have made and i am at a loss to understand how i was getting 7-8 hours screen on time for the first few days/week!

Iam wondering if i could have disabled an app that could be behind this?

When i viewed my battery usage before i would often see chrome, facebook etc using a little battery where as now its screen, android system, android os, cell standby, device idle etc and recently peoplestripe is appearing as using 1%.....what the hell is that?
    06-02-2015 07:28 PM
    Do you remember which additional apps you disabled?

How much is Cell Standby using? If it's running near 10% or higher, then your cell signal might be weak (which can cause battery drain), or you might have the annoying Cell Standby/wi-fi issue that is common on the S6 and Edge: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...questions.html
    06-03-2015 12:26 AM
    Do you remember which additional apps you disabled?

How much is Cell Standby using? If it's running near 10% or higher, then your cell signal might be weak (which can cause battery drain), or you might have the annoying Cell Standby/wi-fi issue that is common on the S6 and Edge: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...questions.html
    Within last few days i only disabled Samsung account and samsung push i think. The % under battery usage are all under 10% except for the screen which is 13%. What's strange is that apps like Facebook and chrome which usually show under battery usage are no longer showing. It's seems screen, android system, and android os are suddenly dominating the battery. Iam only on 3h30mins sot currently with 24% left. That's the worst ive gotten :-(

Almost everything is turned off and every tweak imaginable made so no idea why this is suddenly happening. Battery life was great the first week
    06-03-2015 06:06 AM
    Try re-enabling those apps and see if it improves again.
    Keith Molloy likes this.
    06-03-2015 10:39 AM
    After every OS update or in this case if you disabled some apps that were installed by defaults, I'll always recommend doing a Wipe cache partition in recovery mode when the battery is at least 10% and then do a full charge and see what happens.
    06-03-2015 12:46 PM
    After every OS update or in this case if you disabled some apps that were installed by defaults, I'll always recommend doing a Wipe cache partition in recovery mode when the battery is at least 10% and then do a full charge and see what happens.
    How do i do that? Have an idea but want to be sure. Power, home and volume down button right? That asks me if i want to change the os?
    06-03-2015 02:22 PM
    Steps for cache partition wipe: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095
    erasat and Keith Molloy like this.
    06-03-2015 04:35 PM
    Within last few days i only disabled Samsung account and samsung push i think. The % under battery usage are all under 10% except for the screen which is 13%. What's strange is that apps like Facebook and chrome which usually show under battery usage are no longer showing. It's seems screen, android system, and android os are suddenly dominating the battery. Iam only on 3h30mins sot currently with 24% left. That's the worst ive gotten :-(

Almost everything is turned off and every tweak imaginable made so no idea why this is suddenly happening. Battery life was great the first week
    Disabling samsung push is probably the problem

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-10-2015 03:17 PM