Did anyone switch from the iPhone 6 to the S6 edge?

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm thinking about switching from the iPhone 6 to the S6 edge, just don't know. I'm like 50/50 on it

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Switched and never looked back! Plus with the free upgrade for memory ( you just missed it( the phone is even better!

iPhone 6 is so laggy, slow to respond, texting it train wreck, add a bluetooth to an iPhone and its even slower.

Siri cant even begin to keep up with Google Now

When someone take a picture with the Edge they can believe how clear and crisp the pictures are.

Most carriers have a buyers remorse of about 14 days.

Return no charge.

Watch for some stores and carriers charge a restocking fee.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Keep your iPhone for a good 2-4 weeks after switching just in case you change your mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Green Galaxy

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I didn't switch but now own both because by the time I finally make my decision on one or the other, I thought the iPhone 7 & Galaxy S7 might already be out in the market (LOL) - both have its pros and cons, of course - but love them both. :)

Last edited:

thman558

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
From a phone perspective I love the S6 edge more than my iPhone 6+ I previously had. I still have an iPad air 2 so I'm not really at a disadvantage either way.. But this phone though...

Posted via the Android Central App

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 6 plus. The only thing I miss of the super long battery life.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I kinda did actually. Had a ZTE ZMAX as an in between phone while I waited for the Gazelle process to complete and give me my money. So far, I've only been missing a couple photo apps like Waterlogue and Tangent, but other than that, it's worked fine. battery life of the 6 and S6 are somewhat the same so that isn't anything new. I do like the overall style of the Edge though. catches more attention with the Red DBrand skin and gold trim.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have switched from a 6+ as well.

Personally I'm with doomtuba. The battery is the biggest caveat of the s6 however in due time software should have that fixed and good to go.

I personally would recommend switching. There is so much more that you can do with your phone that an iPhone may never do. IR blaster to control your TV, game consoles, AV Receivers, etc. You can now use the THEME store on your s6 to make it even more personal (as well as using launchers). Choose whichever keyboard you want, texting app you want, music app you want, etc.

All in all you can make the phone how YOU want it.

By the way, you can keep all your purchased stuff from the iPhone as well (not apps though).

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I also just switched about a month ago from the 6plus to the edge. So far I am very happy! Yes the battery life isn't as solid as it was on the iPhone, but the postives weigh out the cons!

Positive/pro's for edge
-beautiful screen!
-theme store
-more customization
-camera/video!!!! (no comparison)
-edge screen just looks great!
-fast charging
That's just a few

Cons
-battery (but it will get you through day! Just need to watch out for apps that run in the banckground.)
-sorta miss the larger screen
-some games run a little smoother (due to only the 1080p display)
*if you are planning on getting a case, some are pretty bad for the edge! I am using spigen neo hybrid. I didn't wanna cover it up but my OCD got to me
No matter what phone you choose your solid

Tom Callaghan1

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I also just switched about a month ago from the 6plus to the edge. So far I am very happy! Yes the battery life isn't as solid as it was on the iPhone, but the postives weigh out the cons!

Positive/pro's for edge
-beautiful screen!
-theme store
-more customization
-camera/video!!!! (no comparison)
-edge screen just looks great!
-fast charging
That's just a few

Cons
-battery (but it will get you through day! Just need to watch out for apps that run in the banckground.)
-sorta miss the larger screen
-some games run a little smoother (due to only the 1080p display)
*if you are planning on getting a case, some are pretty bad for the edge! I am using spigen neo hybrid. I didn't wanna cover it up but my OCD got to me
No matter what phone you choose your solid

I made the switch from iPhone to the edge yesterday. I'm having a few concerns. Siri seem to be more responsive than Google now, perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to it. listening to and replying to text hands free with Siri seems much easier. I'm also adjusting to the different methods for showing notifications. On the iPhone, if I was away from my phone for a few minutes, snd received a text message I would see it as soon as I picked up my phone. On the edge I have to go looking for it. maybe that's just personal preference.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch from iPhone to the edge yesterday. I'm having a few concerns. Siri seem to be more responsive than Google now, perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to it. listening to and replying to text hands free with Siri seems much easier. I'm also adjusting to the different methods for showing notifications. On the iPhone, if I was away from my phone for a few minutes, snd received a text message I would see it as soon as I picked up my phone. On the edge I have to go looking for it. maybe that's just personal preference.

Google now just takes some time to get to know you, just like siri did.

When it comes to notifications i feel your results are due to an app that you are using.
When i receive messages, not only do i get the notification light to blink but the lock screen will say, just like an iPhone, what the text was. (In case you were wondering, Textra is the app i use for SMS/MMS. Take a look at it sometime )

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I have both now, I bought the S6 edge last night along with a moto 360 to test it against my iphone 6 and apple watch... So far I love the screen and feel of the S6 sdge. I also feel like the Android Wear is a little more smoother than the Apple watch, easier to dismiss notifications, just swipe right where as apple watch you have to scroll to the bottom of the notification to dismiss..

I do miss iMessage and the fact that the emoji's aren't quite the same which is a little bummer.. Plus the amount of cases the iPhone has available!!!

I'm still going to keep using and testing for the next couple of days

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have both now, I bought the S6 edge last night along with a moto 360 to test it against my iphone 6 and apple watch... So far I love the screen and feel of the S6 sdge. I also feel like the Android Wear is a little more smoother than the Apple watch, easier to dismiss notifications, just swipe right where as apple watch you have to scroll to the bottom of the notification to dismiss..

I do miss iMessage and the fact that the emoji's aren't quite the same which is a little bummer.. Plus the amount of cases the iPhone has available!!!

I'm still going to keep using and testing for the next couple of days

There are iPhone emojis plugins available for texting apps (Again for this example i will go back to Textra which has it)
Check out the store and see whats available!

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I too was confused. I asked myself "why did I want the S6?"

Simple answer was . Multitasking.
The only thing I miss is iMessenger

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I traded in my iphone 6Plus for the Galaxy S6 Edge. Still have other apple gear but I do get bored with the iphone quickly, if they would drop the draconian rules and allow for themes that would be nice. There is nothing more boring than seeing everyone else with the same phone and same look and no way to stand out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair