35% Battery Left, Only 1.5hrs Screen On Time

scoutconnor

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I do not know if I am doing something wrong, but whole others here are reporting 5+ hours of screen on time, I am getting significantly less.
Is this something I should be concerned about?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Can you post battery stats? Hard to know what the issue is if we can't see what it is you're doing. SoT highly depends on what you do with your phone and what settings you may have on or off

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you post battery stats? Hard to know what the issue is if we can't see what it is you're doing. SoT highly depends on what you do with your phone and what settings you may have on or off

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

This. We would need to see the stats before we can have an idea as to what is causing your drain.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is on the low side, how many hours of sleep during the 65%?

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Tiny battery combined with untested lollipop = major problems.

Well, this tiny battery has been outperforming my new G4 all week long and that's with a 3000mAh battery.

I bought the G4 last Friday and I'm giving it just a couple of more days, if it doesn't get better it will go back to T-mobile, best battery life since last Friday has been 5.25 hours of SoT with same settings, apps and syncing apps than my S6 edge and with same conditions my S6 Edge has always giving me no less than 6 hours of SoT on Weekends for 2 months now, and averaging 5.25-5.5 of SoT on Weekdays when I use my Android Wear and have the Bluetooth on All day. Best SoT with the G4 during this past days has been 4.75 but averaging about 4-4.25 SoT, with the worst day in years this Monday when I was all day on the road and I got 3.5 hours where my edge has always giving me around 5 hours.

I like the G4, but it is slower than the S6 using same apps, has shown some lags where the S6 has nothing and the battery is the main thing that is making me considering getting it back, no sense for me to pay for a phone with less battery having the S6 collecting dust. It has been best LG to date, but still short compared to the best Samsung phone to date.

Back to the battery life, this experience with tons of others around all the Forums of all devices with Lollipop confirms that this is not a Samsung problem, this is Google's (lollipop) problem and yes, the battery on the S6/edge could have been bigger, but for me it has shown enough proof that they were "almost" right and their processor, Memory and display combo are a killer and even with that "tiny" battery it's outperforming other devices with bigger ones. (If you are not suffering from one of the infamous Lollipop battery bugs)

scoutconnor

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My use from yesterday is not representative of my usual battery drain (down 80% in an hour with less than 5 minutes of use thanks to email trying to sync).
I'll post my battery stats after it fully charges (which it struggles to do on my qi charger, even more so if it has a case on) and I am able to use it for a day.
My phone does get unusually warm if that makes any difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey