Message preview turned off! i figured it out

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have saw several posts on people wanting the message preview to just say new message or just the senders name,i figured out how to get it to just say new message!!!

I set my security up last night to recognize my fingerprint, when i did that there is a option in there for you to click that it "hides content" when you click this,it just shows "New message" on your lock screen.

I hope i explained this well enough to understand, if not let me know and i will try to explain it better

Posted via my Galaxy Samsung S6 Edge

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have saw several posts on people wanting the message preview to just say new message or just the senders name,i figured out how to get it to just say new message!!!

I set my security up last night to recognize my fingerprint, when i did that there is a option in there for you to click that it "hides content" when you click this,it just shows "New message" on your lock screen.

I hope i explained this well enough to understand, if not let me know and i will try to explain it better

Does this also work for email also? It always shows who the email is from.

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry,but this is the only way I figured out how to get it to not show entire message.......its simple to use your thumbprint.......

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Does this also work for email also? It always shows who the email is from.

I just wanted to let you know that yes it works for email too. When you have the fingerprint security enabled, it only shows how many new emails you have instead of the senders name