Why can't I see Spotify controls in the lock screen?

Tartlet

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Why can't I see spotify controls in lock screen

I just switched from iPhone and on that had the capability to see spotify album art and controls in lock screen, can I do that on my s6 edge? Or suggest a lock screen that can. I don't like having notifications on for spotify because I don't need to be told everytime a song gets added to a payload but so far this is the only way to get controls on lockscreen and it's tiny. Was android always like this? Is there ANY WAY?.

This is just one of those things I git used to and took for granted and now it's so annoying not yo have that capability. THANK YOU!

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why can't I see spotify controls in lock screen

I just switched from iPhone and on that had the capability to see spotify album art and controls in lock screen, can I do that on my s6 edge? Or suggest a lock screen that can. I don't like having notifications on for spotify because I don't need to be told everytime a song gets added to a payload but so far this is the only way to get controls on lockscreen and it's tiny. Was android always like this? Is there ANY WAY?.

This is just one of those things I git used to and took for granted and now it's so annoying not yo have that capability. THANK YOU!

I'm not sure about spotify, but for Rhapsody I figured out that I have to have notifications turned on under Settings: Application Manager: Downloaded: Rhapsody. Then in the Rhapsody app, I go to settings and there's an option to turn off push notifications. This way I still get lock screen conrols, but without annoying notifications. Hopefully spotify also has this option...

mddc81

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why can't I see spotify controls in lock screen

That same trick from Rhapsody worked on Spotify, thanks! Enable notifications for the app under settings, then disable all push notifications within the Spotify app and you'll get rid of the useless notifications, but will be able to see the quick controls on the locked screen.