I have a lot of apps installed on my phone. Being that it's a $700 phone with 8 cores and 3gigs of RAM I should have no issue... Right? I thought the same thing. I've had nothing but problems with lag of about 1/2 to 1 full second of lag. And periodically it is as bad as 4 to 5 seconds.

I think most people have not really had this issue. But some definitely have. After hours on with Samsung support and many hard resets I may have found the issue.

Google Fit. I am still getting periodic lag. But I uninstalled fit ad things have been much better.

I have the Sprint version if that makes any difference to you all. I'm hoping that the rest of the lag will be fixed with and update (given that thethe sprint model has had more issues than the others). I'm still rather unhappy with not being able to use fit and the mild lag, but I'll give it a little more time.

Tl/Dr Uninstall Google fit and see of that helps.

I'd like to know if anyone else with lag issues had any luck by uninstalling fit. Or if anyone else has any other ideas!
    junior38 likes this.
    06-11-2015 09:04 PM
    Haven't tried uninstalling Google Fit but have definitely seen way more lag than expected for such a powerful phone.
    06-12-2015 07:32 PM
    Well I'll give this a try. I have ungodly lag... Sometimes as long as 8 seconds to open hangouts. Also so many times when I hit a hangouts notification in the notification bar the phone just fails to open hangouts.

I rooted and did the build.prop changes it helped a little but still have lag. I even removed a large amount of bloat ....

I have always been a nexus person but the N6 was too large for me. Maybe I am just not used to lag from Samsung touchwiz...

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-13-2015 08:58 AM
    Well I'll give this a try. I have ungodly lag... Sometimes as long as 8 seconds to open hangouts. Also so many times when I hit a hangouts notification in the notification bar the phone just fails to open hangouts.

I rooted and did the build.prop changes it helped a little but still have lag. I even removed a large amount of bloat ....

I have always been a nexus person but the N6 was too large for me. Maybe I am just not used to lag from Samsung touchwiz...

Posted via the Android Central App
    I've got the same issues, this phone lags more than my m7 and I also have the issue with clicking a hangouts notification and the notification disappears but hangouts never opens

Also Google fit is not installed but I do have a motto 360 paired at all times
    06-13-2015 09:14 AM
    I have a lot of apps installed on my phone. Being that it's a $700 phone with 8 cores and 3gigs of RAM I should have no issue... Right? I thought the same thing. I've had nothing but problems with lag of about 1/2 to 1 full second of lag. And periodically it is as bad as 4 to 5 seconds.

I think most people have not really had this issue. But some definitely have. After hours on with Samsung support and many hard resets I may have found the issue.

Google Fit. I am still getting periodic lag. But I uninstalled fit ad things have been much better.

I have the Sprint version if that makes any difference to you all. I'm hoping that the rest of the lag will be fixed with and update (given that thethe sprint model has had more issues than the others). I'm still rather unhappy with not being able to use fit and the mild lag, but I'll give it a little more time.

Tl/Dr Uninstall Google fit and see of that helps.

I'd like to know if anyone else with lag issues had any luck by uninstalling fit. Or if anyone else has any other ideas!
    Even before the S6 was released Samsung had incompatibility issues with SHealth and Google Fit, hence Fit wasn't available to install it to the S6 when it was released back in April, it wasn't until first days of May that an update to it and Google Play services allowed for the S6 to install it and use it.

I've been using Fit since it's released and indeed missed it at first but after gave it a second try to S Health and see how much it has changed, how useful and versatile it has become, I'm not going back to use Google Fit anytime soon, obviously, while I keep using Samsung devices. I bought the LG G4 may Friday and LG health is simply a joke, disabled that crappie after the first time I opened it, so I didn't have any other alternative but to get back to Google Fit and boy did I miss S health, coincidence or not, my LG G4 performance was not in line with S6 and the battery life was second worse for me, just better than the infamous Moto x 2014. I could leave my office at 4pm with still 75% of battery life and 1.5 of SoT after unplugging it at 5:30am, and then it always took a dive and by 9pm I was at around 20% with just about a little more than 3 of SoT, so averaging about 4 of SoT.

For the above reason and the lag I decided to just return it and go back to my S6 Edge, that it has been giving me constantly over 5 hours of SoT on weekdays and over 6 on weekends, and I've never experienced any lag on it, is it because I've never used Google Fit on it? I don't know, but I such case, just use S Health, it worth it.
    06-13-2015 10:41 AM
    Even before the S6 was released Samsung had incompatibility issues with SHealth and Google Fit, hence Fit wasn't available to install it to the S6 when it was released back in April, it wasn't until first days of May that an update to it and Google Play services allowed for the S6 to install it and use it.

I've been using Fit since it's released and indeed missed it at first but after gave it a second try to S Health and see how much it has changed, how useful and versatile it has become, I'm not going back to use Google Fit anytime soon, obviously, while I keep using Samsung devices. I bought the LG G4 may Friday and LG health is simply a joke, disabled that crappie after the first time I opened it, so I didn't have any other alternative but to get back to Google Fit and boy did I miss S health, coincidence or not, my LG G4 performance was not in line with S6 and the battery life was second worse for me, just better than the infamous Moto x 2014. I could leave my office at 4pm with still 75% of battery life and 1.5 of SoT after unplugging it at 5:30am, and then it always took a dive and by 9pm I was at around 20% with just about a little more than 3 of SoT, so averaging about 4 of SoT.

For the above reason and the lag I decided to just return it and go back to my S6 Edge, that it has been giving me constantly over 5 hours of SoT on weekdays and over 6 on weekends, and I've never experienced any lag on it, is it because I've never used Google Fit on it? I don't know, but I such case, just use S Health, it worth it.
    Wasn't an update just pushed out to the G4 just after launch? I remember seeing an article about it.
    06-13-2015 07:27 PM
    Wasn't an update just pushed out to the G4 just after launch? I remember seeing an article about it.
    A forced update a couple of days ago, I did my second factory reset after it, nothing changed.
    06-13-2015 09:01 PM
    I deleted fit, and removed media widgets and haven't had any lag in a couple days.
    06-14-2015 11:47 PM
    I had to use S6 Edge for a week, and I noticed the lag you guys are talking about.

Took me around 6-7 seconds to open apps like Spotify/Google messages.

What fixed my lag for me (after factory reset and even clean cache partition) was actually taking off all the widgets on the home screens and delete SHealth and disable S-Voice.

Also did deactivated all bloatware besides the Microsoft ones.

So far running with apex launcher and it looks fine to me.
    06-15-2015 06:46 AM