Why is my WiFi and Bluetooth disconnecting when the screen turns off?

ams_md

May 4, 2014
Visit site
WiFi and Bluetooth Disconnecting when screen turns off

I am having a new problem with WiFi intermittently disconnecting. It seems to be happening after the screen has been turned off for a while--I turn it back on and the wifi is not connected--once I unlock the phone the wifi then automatically connects. It happens on both my home and work network, and not with any other devices. Haven't changed any settings recently. Tried to turn Smart Network Switch off but that didn't help. "Keep wifi on during sleep" is and has been set to "always".

Possibly related is that a similar thing is happening with Bluetooth. I only have Bluetooth on while driving, and I have noticed that the connection has been randomly disconnecting, and then I have to manually toggle Bluetooth back on and reconnect the phone to the car.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

halwel

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: WiFi and Bluetooth Disconnecting when screen turns off

Are you using CM Security? I suddenly saw the same unexpected behavior recently (with WiFi at least); finally figured out my antivirus/security had added it as an option (Settings, WiFi Power Saving--turn Off) in a recent update, and enabled it by default(!?).

Perhaps try checking out the settings of your security app(s), or any apps that might turn things off to extend battery life. If it's a new behavior, you might start with apps listed under Recent Updates in your My Apps list on the Play Store. Good luck.