Better Spell Check?

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Generally very happy with my S6 edge, but one area where I really miss my BlackBerry Z10 is with the spell check. I took off auto-correct so that it underlines misspelled words, but I am finding that the spell check is horrible. It almost never suggests the correct spelling of the word I mistyped. Forget about it if your mistake was hitting the wrong key as the first letter because the spell check almost never suggests anything that starts with a different letter. I've tried the Google keyboard as well as the Samsung. Any other keyboard have a better built in spell check or another spell check app that I should install?

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you! Spell check feature needs a lot of improvement.

I just spelt 'with' incorrectly and look at the suggestions ...

uploadfromtaptalk1434992299364.jpg

Sent from my green emerald S6 edge

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried SwiftKey? For me it works great and after a little while using it the prediction machine will learn your style. Even better if you swipe instead of typing

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Google keyboard has a much better dictionary and predictions.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 725.jpg
    725.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 11

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Google keyboard has a much better dictionary and predictions.

I was about to install it but have read the reviews and decided against it. It seems users are not happy with the latest update. Also, I read that it uses an abnormal amount of background data.

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I was about to install it but have read the reviews and decided against it. It seems users are not happy with the latest update. Also, I read that it uses an abnormal amount of background data.

Odd. I have had no problems with it. Been using about a month now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz