Lightflow for LED Notifications

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you use lightflow for led notifications? I am curious if it works in GS6 Edge, especially the VZW version. What colors do you get? Thanks

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know it is a pain but could you tell me all the colors you can get? It seems like the led gets fewer colors with each new generation of galaxy phones.

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I know it is a pain but could you tell me all the colors you can get? It seems like the led gets fewer colors with each new generation of galaxy phones.

In the app there are a number of preset colors and a color palette where you can choose whichever color you want - which is endless. The catch is, the LED on the phone itself the color spectrum is limited so for an example if you have a shade of blue for one task and a slightly different shade of blue that is close to your first one it will be hardly to distinguishable when the LED blinks. However, for primary and secondary colors its a non issue.

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I was using Light Manager with my S6 Edge until 5.1.1 was installed. Now Light Manager no longer works at all.

I have not tried Light Flow. Can anyone with 5.1.1 installed on their S6 confirm that Light Flow is fully compatible and works as intended?

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I use light flow on my s6 edge and it is fully compatible. I have a different color led for each notification I receive. I love light flow.

Posted via the Android Central App

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There is no way to list all of the colors, there are too many!! You can even make your own colors. Download the free version to try first, if you really want to know what colors it has.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to list all of the colors, there are too many!! You can even make your own colors. Download the free version to try first, if you really want to know what colors it has.

There is no phone in which ALL the custom colors work. How about listing 10 easily discernable colors? Light flow lets you produce an almost infinite number of shades. The led of the phone will not actually show all those colors discernably. Like white in light flow often looks bluish on the led.

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Would you tell me if your edge lighting works while you are using lightflow? Mine won't work. Do you use the stock text messaging app, or is there another one you are using. Thanks in advance for your relply!

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
There is no phone in which ALL the custom colors work. How about listing 10 easily discernable colors? Light flow lets you produce an almost infinite number of shades. The led of the phone will not actually show all those colors discernably. Like white in light flow often looks bluish on the led.
What's the matter you too lazy to install it yourself and find out? Sheesh!

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't install lightflow and set up notifications at my local store. Perhaps someone else will help me.

I am not going to sit here and type every color that light flow uses, I'm sorry. Like another poster said, are you too lazy to download it and find out for yourself if it will be what you want? The only colors that I have found that doesn't work is black, grey........but so far every color I choose works......and if you are basing getting a phone just for a app, then you need to figure something else out ha ha. Thats crazy basing on buying a phone just if a app will work or not.

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Would you tell me if your edge lighting works while you are using lightflow? Mine won't work. Do you use the stock text messaging app, or is there another one you are using. Thanks in advance for your relply!

Yes, my edge lighting works with my light flow. Yeah, I use the stock messaging app :)

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I cannot get either lighmanager or lightflow to work. I have a permanent blue light! For every notification it is blue, blue, blue! Help me! What am I doing wrong?

Albertony

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
The same issue here. After I updated my S6 edge to 5.1.1 a few days ago, for every notification I am getting a blinking dark blue light. Only charging notifications on the light flow are working fine.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked, non-carrier branded, international (925F) S6E that I'm using on AT&T.
I don't use any custom LED color app(s). I do have several different colors that my LED shows based on contact type, so I know (at least on the 925F, no carrier mod'd firmware) that the S6E LED can display at least several different colors, not just blue.

Fred

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get either lighmanager or lightflow to work. I have a permanent blue light! For every notification it is blue, blue, blue! Help me! What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you allow Light Flow to control your notification access under your security settings. Not sure if this is a fix for those on 5.1.1 as I still am running an older version of Lollipop at the moment.

Also, after you setup each notification. You should be able to run a test within the app for each notification to test sound and LED settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon