S6 Edge-Headphone icon appears then disappears, bad jack?

mudwub

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I recently switched from the HTC one M8 to the Samsung S6 edge and have not looked back since. Samsung really does make terrific phones.

One thing I was curious about, that I noticed recently, was that when I plug headphones into the phone, the little headphone icon appears in the top left corner and says that headphones are now connected and then the icon and message disappear.

Coming from the HTC one M8 I am used to the headphone icon remaining there the whole time my headphones are plugged in and was wondering if this is normal for it to prompt me that the headphones are connected and then disappear?

Also, on a, possibly related, side note, has anyone else been having weird issues with the spotify app just crashing on them or pausing for no reason? I was thinking that it was either due to notifications I was getting, a bad headphone jack, or maybe the app is just bugging out.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers!

mudwub

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, i can still hear sound through them and everything, aside from the spotify app crashing at random times. But yeah, whenever I plug headphones in the little icon appears in the top left and it says "headphones are now connected," stays for a second or two, then disappears. The headphones continue to work after it disappears.

Is that normal for samsung phones to do that or does the headphone icon usually stay there the whole time they are plugged in for everyone else?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's normal for it to disappear. My Note 4 does the same. I much prefer not having it there just taking up space

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A helpful troubleshooting step is to go to the App Manager, select Spotify, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then try again.

mudwub

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Alright, so after clearing the app data and trying out a new pair of headphones, the problem did not occur. I had the spotify app going for about 40 minutes, and during that time i was multitasking and receiving notifications.

So I guess it was either the pair of headphones I was using or the app just needed to be cleared. Either way thanks for all the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2