24 hour lag syndrome

May 3, 2015
Visit site
My s6e runs amazingly for 24 hours. Then it starts running like total crap. Screen lag, keyboard lag, app delays. I have to restart, then it's back to smooth again. It's obviously a memory leak. Will the ever fix this??

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well at simple sight it seems that is the infamous memory leak, but are you willing to do a couple of things just to try to see if it gets better?

1-) Do you have a theme installed other than the default? If yes, please put back the default.
2-) Check your Apps Cache in Settings-Storage, let us know how much space it's using and then clear it.
3-) Do a Wipe cache partition in Recovery Mode. Turn off your phone and Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until you see the Android robot, then browse the options with the Volume buttons and use Power button to select.

Remember, you have only 2 options here, wait until there is an update with a fix or try to look for the cause and fix. I think you won't lose anything other than maybe 5 minutes at most.

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
This is why I decided to switch to the Nexus 6. Memory is handled great. I have so much more available ram while doing the same tasks and more. The S6 edge has better specs but runs like my old S2 due to software.

Posted via the Android Central App

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
For years I've always had the habit of restarting my phone everyday.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084