Sprint S6/edge software update 13 days after 5.1.1!

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, just received the update after 5.1.1 (build # G925PVPU2BOFE). Have you updated? Mine is downloading. Does it fix the auto brightness bug? Is it snappier? Better battery life? Did it fix the memory leak issue? Anything new or improved on the device please comment! Sprint just says it included minor bug fixes and enhancements. Also, I read somewhere this activates Spint LTE -Advanced? Is this true? If so, what is it and what can we expect?

Thanks everyone!

-Sent from my black sapphire S6 edge (Shoulda got the platinum gold)

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
oh no! Is it the first day on the new OS? If so, let it work itself out. Clear cache partition. And give it about a week. If it's still "BLEEDING" lol, then factory reset that beast.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Have had the update for about a week now - tbh I haven't noticed any difference. Battery life seems a tad better, but I was already getting good battery life. Can't comment on the auto brightness as I don't use it - one feature I think is pretty cool is the camera update. In auto when you touch the screen to focus, you get a slider that appears, allowing you to adjust the brightness - I've found that very helpful. Apart from that it's just as brilliant as it was on 5.0.2

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
the Slider in the camera app has been there since 5.1.1. Here is the links on the brightness bug. I dont have mine set to on. You dont need to. If you put a cloth over the sensors on top of your phone, your phone will dim (even with full brightness on). See below links. So far though on day two of this update from Sprint. It seems good thus far. Apps open a tad faster, lag is pretty much gone. it's solid so far. Battery life seems to be the same.. actually noticing it drain a little bit more than usual. But I want to wait a few more days to let the new OS sink in. Overall its a good update. Just wish the damn brightness bug was fixed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...48-auto-brightness-issues-strange-glitch.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...l-samsung-fix-screen-brightness-bug-edge.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...n-dims-auto-brightness-turned-off-glitch.html

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks shane,

I have no issues.
It's incredible how many changes and fiddling the carriers do with the software.
I'm in South Africa, and we receive the latest updates weeks, sometimes months later than when Sumsung releases it.
I don't download it from the Net, but rather install it once my service provider releases it.
They customize the updates to such an extent where if you download it yourself, you have network problems as well as the bloatware that doesn't work anymore... Therefore, I'll rather wait...
Btw, I'm with Vodacom (owned by Vodafone)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon