Why don't my emails stay removed?

jwartnic

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
IMAP Question

After years of owning a blackberry I finally switched over to a Samsung. I have configured my imap mail servers and have it working (receiving and sending). I have a question. I removed my e-mails using web-mail on a computer but the e-mails still show up on the phone. I have manually sync'd the phone multiple times and they are still there. Anyone know why this is the case (My phone shows 250+ e-mails and when I log onto web-mail, I have about 20, which is correct)? Any help appreciated for a new non-blackberry user.

Thanks in advance.

-Jim

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: IMAP Question

Make sure the server is IMAP, not POP3. It dounds like it's set to POP3. (The server determines the account type, not the phone.)

If it's your server (you own it), you're doing something wrong. POP3 keeps the email on the pphone, so you have to delete on each device separately. IMAP keeps the emails on the server, so if they're deleted, they're not on the server. (Make sure you've refreshed the email account in the phone, or it's set to push, off or none for sync, which will sync any time there's a change on the server.)

jwartnic

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is an IMAP account (Incoming server settings- IMAP). I have set Period to sync Email to 3 days (I set it to "All" and no new messages were coming down - don't understand that at all). There's really not much more to this. I don't get it. Had no issues configuring my IMAP mail on my Blackberry. Things are downloading, but when I clean up the mail via some other mechanism, they don't sync/delete on the phone. Any other ideas?

-Jim

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12