What phone should I get if I cannot afford the S6 edge?

ohnstar345

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
What is the best phone I can get in the 300 dollar range that is comparable with the s6 edge's features and build quality? Open to any thoughts.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The zf2 is quite excellent considering the price but doesn't have all the features and build quality of the s6e. Zf2 is a very good choice though for those on a budget. Just isn't on par.

To the point there is no $300 phone that will match the s6e in terms of features and build quality... Sacrifices have to be made somewhere to get the much lower price

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Moto x 2014 is also consistently on sale in that range and matches performance and build quality, but it doesn't have the fingerprint scanner or as good of a camera.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Moto x 2014 is also consistently on sale in that range and matches performance and build quality, but it doesn't have the fingerprint scanner or as good of a camera.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.
Also no edge screen, sub par screen relative to the s6e,very low maximum brightness, less ram, not 64 bit, 20nm chip (s6e is 14nm),only 32gb internal maximum on some variants(s6e offers up to 128gb internal, but no sd card slot) , no ufs (s6e file system is way quicker than the Moto X 2nd gen file system).

Don't get me wrong, the Moto X 2nd gen is very good for the price but it doesn't have the same features as the s6e. And obviously there are also features that the Moto X 2nd gen has that the s6e doesn't.

Again if you want the same features and build quality as the s6e... You won't find it at $300 at this time.

Op, what are your specific needs? We might be able to better recommend something in your price range?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You won't get a phone that's comparable to S6 Edge, but there are some very good phones in the $250-300 price range like the Zenfone 2, OnePlus One and Idol 3.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
For the budget you have a Zenfone 2 with 4GB of RAM would be a steal.

Sure you don't get the quad display or the EDGE screen, but you get everything else in terms of CPU performance + 1GB of extra RAM.

Personally I'm loving my Zenfone 2 but I do love the S6 Edge in terms of display (for some reason my eyes don't feel so tired at looking at it compared to other phones)

Noah Martin

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I would go for either the Zenfone 2, which seems to be a popular idea, or a OnePlus One. For both, you don't get the same specs but you sacrifice less and they are both good phones for the price.