I am getting so sick of at&t's [language redacted by Mod]. Where in the he'll is update 5.1.1 for S6 edge?
    07-20-2015 06:49 PM
    I am wondering the same thing!
    07-21-2015 11:23 AM
    Us big red people are still waiting also... Its pretty lame it still hasn't come out for Verizon or at&t 😡

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-21-2015 11:33 AM
    Seems like the bigger the company the slower the updates roll out. They have had it for almost a month now according to a few articles I've read, but they haven't finished debugging and adding all their crap apps to it to bog down our phones.
    07-22-2015 02:32 AM
    I don't know either but I sure as hell hope they hurry. The 2 biggest carriers and they are the last to the dance with everything. I mean hell if its not bad enough you cant delete or disable enough of the crap over head by Samsung and att to hardly make this thing useable
    08-17-2015 08:33 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I have 5.1.1. As of several days ago. It was an OTA update.

08-17-2015 11:27 PM
    Yes!!!! It is crazy how AT&T falls behind with updates. Or maybe the issue is that because they have the most bloat ware in there phones it takes them longer to test and update? They are the most expensive service now and they can't keep their techies happy.
    08-18-2015 09:31 AM
    They can't possibly release it until they have done all their testing with apps like at&t locker, family, navigation, etc. That would just be irresponsible for all those people that love the force bundled at&t apps.

08-18-2015 04:26 PM
    Oh the ones I disabled on day one
    They can't possibly release it until they have done all their testing with apps like at&t locker, family, navigation, etc. That would just be irresponsible for all those people that love the force bundled at&t apps.

08-18-2015 07:01 PM
    Has anyone heard when this is going to be released? I upgraded to the S6 Edge+ last week and I am not happy with the wireless charging issues and it is just a little big for me but I love the camera on it. So with that said I am still in my two weeks with Best Buy and if it is going to happen soon I will just return it and go back to a S6 edge.
    08-30-2015 01:55 PM
    I'm calling AT&T right now. I'll ask them.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Bodyguardz Tempered Glass
    kuhns787 likes this.
    08-30-2015 01:59 PM
    That's unbelievable , I'm in the UK on three, we had that update a good month ago, not only that but there have been two more updates since then, the latest adding the features that are on the S6 edge plus
    08-30-2015 03:45 PM
    They probably figured that since they were releasing the 6+ that they would wait until it launched to update it but come on its been a week already.
    08-30-2015 03:52 PM
    This is the key reason I am looking at the Moto X Pure Edition and the next Nexus devices. I am sick and tired of waiting on carrier bloat and carrier apps causing issues with what would normally be a simple update created by the OEM. If you want to make that message clear to the carrier buy non-carrier phones, Moto X, Nexus or unlocked International with the appropriate bands.
    erasat likes this.
    08-30-2015 04:47 PM
    Sorry, double post,
    08-31-2015 10:17 AM
    I'm calling AT&T right now. I'll ask them.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Bodyguardz Tempered Glass
    What did they say??? I want the update just for RAW camera support. I already have lightroom and lighroom mobile, just need the camera to support it.
    08-31-2015 10:31 AM
    This is the key reason I am looking at the Moto X Pure Edition and the next Nexus devices. I am sick and tired of waiting on carrier bloat and carrier apps causing issues with what would normally be a simple update created by the OEM. If you want to make that message clear to the carrier buy non-carrier phones, Moto X, Nexus or unlocked International with the appropriate bands.
    Not just that, I took a step further and I simply moved my personal and business account from AT&T to T-Mobile, like I've said, until people begin talking with their wallets and this carriers can see a potential business risk by not doing what they must do promptly, they will keep doing the same, again and again.

People here are saying that they are taking their time to test that everything is fine before release, sorry, but that's great PR from them, but ALL the other carriers do the same, the only difference is that they add an incredible and insane amount of bloatware to all their phones, while remove some other useful features available in most if not all the other carriers. It seems that they simply don't want to add more resources to that department, hence the reason of being the last ones lately doing their updates. An OS update should be priority, this take care of lot of reported bugs plus it adds some useful new features, not doing their part on releasing those promptly just show how little they care for their customers.
    kuhns787 likes this.
    08-31-2015 10:53 AM
    My Older Sony Tablet Z just received 5.1.1 update..
    And its Sony one of the slowest companies to release its software upgrades on record.
    Its September AT&T...are you there? Hello.......Anybody out there?
    daveinsouthcentral likes this.
    09-14-2015 09:04 AM