Usb tethering issues

Ron Markiewicz

May 5, 2015
Visit site
When i try to tether my phone to computer via usb my computer gives me a error, your dns server might be unavailable

My computer says its comunicating with my phone, several thousand packets have been shared between the two, im just not getting out to the internet.

Ive tried clearibg my dns cache on my comp anf made sure correct programs started up on startup and restarted both phone and cpu.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Your carrier might be dumping tethered packets (you pay for tethering or it doesn't work). Or there may be a different problem.

Get the numeric IP address of some site (try 71.74.42.231 - it'll claim security issues and a bad certificate, but if you get that far, your tethering is working and the problem is the DNS settings in your tethering app).

Ron Markiewicz

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hmm that ip addy returned a could not open webpage. I know for wifi teethering i have to pay, that may be the case here but i was hoping not as im moving soon and my interbet and cable were shut off today and id still like to use my computer.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That response pretty much says that they're dumping your tethered packets on the floor. The page can definitely be opened in any browser - it's Time Warner's Business page. (I checked the IP in my browser before posting it. I would have used AOL, but I can't resolve a reachable IP for them.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007