Why isn't my daydream function not working properly on my S6 Edge?

jvetter15

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Daydream function not working properly on S6Edge

I have been using the Daydream feature on my phone for my last two phones. I used it with my S4, and then again with my S6 Edge without any problem. However, my Edge's camera developed purple spots, so I got a new one sent to me. With this new Edge phone, however, the Daydream function isn't working the way it should.

I turn the Daydream option on, and set it to daydream both when docked and when charging, and I choose Timely as the daydream screen. That should be all there is to it, but now when it goes into Daydream mode it doesn't switch to Timely, the screen just dims in its current state and stays that way. I've tried all the different settings (of which there aren't many) and tried putting it on a different mode rather than Timely. Still, it doesn't work. The screen just dims, whether it's the lock screen or my home screen, and just stays like that.

Any ideas at all on how to fix this? It's nice that my camera works with this phone, but frustrating when new problems pop up like this. Thanks!

CAtoIAJason

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. Turns out my phone wouldn't actually go to sleep when plugged in. Check under Settings - System - Developer options. There is a setting called Stay Awake. As long as the phone is charging it won't actually sleep. You need to press the power button which doesn't let the phone go to sleep and it won't go into Day Dream.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12