My Galaxy S6 Edge keeps connecting/disconnecting from my PC, already reinstalled drivers. Windows 10

Zoken

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Just to be more specific, the phones charges, but if I want to use it as media device, I'm told you have to unlock it, fine, but when I finally get to see my storage on my PC screen, after a couple seconds it disconnects, meaning I don't see it anymore, anywhere on my PC, but phone still charges.
Couple of seconds afterwards, back up again..as you imagine, backing up photos/videos is impossible, I don't have the time to transfer huge amount of data before I'm prompt with a message telling me it has been cancelling due to not finding the file anymore..

Can anybody help me out ? Or maybe redirect me towards a more appropriate forum.

Thank you.

Azael Villarreal

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I used an older cable from a previous phone. Then I had no problems.

This was after I tried uninstalling the drivers, updating, changing security settings, restarting, and all the other things mentioned online. None of it worked. Its that new white fast charging cable that's the problem.

Hope you've got an old cable lying around.

-AV

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
ok! go to dial side(bottom down left side.you know? normal dial side
type #x0808# you can see usb setting . click MTP+ADP then click ok.
you can see your phone on pc . all the file will show up. its work for me

ChaceKat

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem. The advice about switching the cables (switched from fast-charge to old school) worked perfectly for me. I'm so glad it was an easy fix--I was starting to lose my cool over this.

rcav8

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
It's a USB Power setting
1. Go to Power Options on your computer
2. Click 'Change plan setting' to the right of your chosen plan.
3. Click 'Change advanced power setting' on your chosen plan.
4. Expand 'USB Settings' .
5. Expand 'USB selective suspend setting' and change it to disabled.for On battery and Plugged In

DarthIdiot

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
It's a USB Power setting
5. Expand 'USB selective suspend setting' and change it to disabled.for On battery and Plugged In

Thank you so much for the fix with the USB setting! I have been losing my freaking mind over this for months now using an S3 which is getting upgraded to an S7 Edge very soon! I wonder if it was a marketing ploy to get us to upgrade...well it worked with me apparently even though I've been biding my time for the S7 for some time now!

sliphstream

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the SAME problem for a while now. I tried all the recommendations made by people over half a dozen forums. Finally, I found something that worked for me!! The issue is that the newer smart phones draw more power than the PC can supply through a USB. This causes an intermittent connect / disconnect. If you utilize a USB hub with an independent power supply, this is no longer a problem. I bought an inexpensive 4-port hub off of amazon that has an A/C adapter. Now my Galaxy S6 connects to my Windows 10 computer with no issues!!!

AFJ_MASTIFF

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
This was very annoying to me....finally fixed it using an externally powered 3.0 usb hub. I bought this one. Works like a champ now. I tried everything mentioned. My laptop is a newer alienware from Dell with Windows 10. I think the pc usb ports just don't have enough power.

Anker
4.3 out of 5 stars 124 Reviews
Anker Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with 12W Power Adapter / USB Wall Charger Included

cavitated

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Mine worked until most recent Windows 10 upgrade. Continual connect/disconnect when plugged into usb 3.0 port. Works good when plugging into usb 2.0 port. I am using oem cable with Samsung s6. I tried several things mentioned... but I would recommend trying to use USB 2.0 port on your computer. I guess slower is better than nothing.

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem for my new Samsung J7, 2016 model.

It just got fixed with the suggestion:

It's a USB Power setting

Thank you so much "rcav8". No words for your help.

No more rapid USB connect/disconnect problem... hurray!!!!

Tony4422

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the above. I did what you suggested but after a while and transferring a good number of files/data it again disconnects. Says catastrophic error. So annoying as I basically cannot backup my S6 pictures on my PC. Anyone got any other ideas?

NashvilleKit

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'll be darned. I switched to a different cable and ... voila! Everything works fine now. Thankfully I have several micro-USB cables; I can't believe that one cable could cause that much havoc. THANKS, Azael Villarreal !!

heynewt

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! The issue I had was the external power issue. I plugged the USB cable into a USB 3.0 PCI card that I had installed for external hard drives. That card had a power cable internally. SideSync worked fine after that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown