S6 edge gets slow and hesitant over time (short time)

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I think this comment could be used for the s6 line in general but does anybody else notice how quickly the s6 slows down. It's not the first time I have seen this on other Samsung phones over the years. It almost feels like they don't have enough memory and start caching like crazy. It's very apparent on my s6 edge and especially when I switch back to my nexus 6. I'm still in my two week trial with t-mobile and I'm pretty sure the phone is going back. Maybe the new note 5 fixes this or the edge+. It's a shame because I like the size of the edge. I know you can clean up the cache and kill processes to help with this problem but it just seems to me that on such a new and high powered device it should not be necessary. I don't know what Samsung is doing under the hood but it it really feels like they have some serious resource problems on this phone. It can't be the Samsung skin. The change in look from the standard google code base can't be that significant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I've has my S6 Edge since launch and its still running pretty quick. In the first week or 2 i did notice my sort of slow down (Maybe Lag) when opening the App tray or moving between different homescreens. Only thing i did was activate developer mode and change the annimations to .5x and its been running pretty smooth since then. I have also disabled Flipboard and like to do a full battery drain once every 2-3 weeks.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I've has my S6 Edge since launch and its still running pretty quick. In the first week or 2 i did notice my sort of slow down (Maybe Lag) when opening the App tray or moving between different homescreens. Only thing i did was activate developer mode and change the annimations to .5x and its been running pretty smooth since then. I have also disabled Flipboard and like to do a full battery drain once every 2-3 weeks.

I'll try the animation suggestion. I prefer using nova for my launcher so flipboard is there but not integrated in the launcher. I'm pretty sure that that one does not make much difference. It only would do anything with flipboard on the standard launcher when you switched to the flipboard screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had this as well, rather annoying. Have had it freeze up for a second or two while for example dragging and dropping an icon. This did not happen during my trial period. Seems like it has gotten worse over time.

Posted via the Android Central App

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Turn the last one to .5 as well. Do a restart and give it a day or 2. Also what theme are you using as some of them male the phone slower?

Posted via the Android Central App
No themes.. So those changes require a restart? I'll do it now.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Good luck, hopefully it works for you.

My Friends was also a bit slow and i did these changes for him, i saw him a week later at the gym and it was alot quicker for him. So if you give it a fe wdays it might be ok.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad