S6 Edge touch screen skip/drop?

unloco

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
S6 Edge touch screen skip/drop

Hello,

I noticed that the S6 Edge was not registering some keyboard touches
So I installed "Yet Another MultiTouch Test" to inspect the issue
I concluded that the drop only occurs on the bottom left edge and no drops occur in the other areas
I'm testing by repeatedly touching the display at a constant interval, it's easy to see the skipped touch when the pattern breaks.

To my suprise, when I switched to landscape, the "drop zone" also moved (to bottom left which is now left to the "Recents screen" button)
So I figured this must be a software bug not a hardware problem

To further investigate, I activated "Show touches" on Settings > Developer options > Show touches
And then got another info. Sometimes the touch is registred by the system (white dot) but doesn't reach the application (no blue circle) so I though maybe that's why sometimes SwiftKey doesn't register my input on the right side characters

So it must be on some software layer that this bug is ocurring

Screenshot 1: correct behaviour, the touch is registered by the system and passed to the application
Screenshot 2: incorrect behaviour, the touch is registered by the system but NOT passed to the application

Can anyone reproduce/verify this behaviour?

Running Android 5.1.1 (latest update from Samsung)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 13

unloco

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
re:

Thank you fo your reply. On safe mode, it's always responding correctly. I had to uninstall the MobileGo app because it had a quick toggle panel with the handle located on the bottom right then did some tests with the panel enabled/disabled and figured out that it was causing the whole problem. So thanks a lot for the useful hint!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37