Why are pictures showing up as video in text on my S6 Edge?

A

AC Question

pictures showing up as video in texts S6 edge

When users send me pictures, my S6 edge chooses to play them as videos, so i have to wait for the picture to pop up, and when it does its super tiny. Any settings I can use to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: pictures showing up as video in texts S6 edge

Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--have you asked the sender if they're definitely sending you a photo? Sometimes people will accidentally take a video when they meant to take a photo, resulting in a 1-2 second long video. If the person sent this video thinking it was a photo, then it might exceed the 1.2 MB filesize limit of most MMS messaging, causing the system to compress the file down (and therefore severely degrade the image quality).

Ashu Garg

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

Sender is sending me pictures not videos. They have done the same thing for years and in my S4 they used to come up as pictures. This only happens if they send me multiple pictures in one text.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That might be the issue, then--sending multiple photos in the same message. It might be combining them to create a slideshow of sorts. Are you saying that in the past, if they sent multiple photos in the same message, this didn't happen?

Ashu Garg

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

Yes in the S4 i could just scroll thru the pictures and even expand them. Now that is a video i am unable to expand the pictures. I do not want to save them and look thru them because that seems tedious.