Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Home Button Issue

A

AC Question

Yesterday the home button on my Galaxy S6 Edge stopped working. The weird part for me is that the thumbprint scanner still works fine and the button still has the springiness to it. Not like the button itself collapsed or anything. Everything else on the phone still works perfectly and it's in great shape (only a few months old).

I'm assuming it's related, but right before this happened the phone started to act like it was connecting to a dock non-stop. Screen kept waking, saw the little dock button on top of screen, kept making noise. I restarted the phone and it didn't stop. Eventually it did on it's own, then right after the home button wouldn't work.

I've tried restart, shutdown, factory reset. Nothing has worked. Phone was in my pocket, hasn't been dropped or dropped in water.

Would this be an issue that will be covered under warranty? Or any way to fix this issue without sending the phone back?

I called AT&T who said they would send me out a new phone, then I would need to return this one. I'm just worried that I'll send this one back and they will tell me it wasn't covered. Then I'll end up holding the bag on another $900 phone.

SCOTTISHGILLYBABY

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi.. I also went to bed last night with a fully functioning phone.. now back button, home button and muliti windown button not working... something wrong out there i think.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday the home button on my Galaxy S6 Edge stopped working. The weird part for me is that the thumbprint scanner still works fine and the button still has the springiness to it. Not like the button itself collapsed or anything. Everything else on the phone still works perfectly and it's in great shape (only a few months old).

I'm assuming it's related, but right before this happened the phone started to act like it was connecting to a dock non-stop. Screen kept waking, saw the little dock button on top of screen, kept making noise. I restarted the phone and it didn't stop. Eventually it did on it's own, then right after the home button wouldn't work.

I've tried restart, shutdown, factory reset. Nothing has worked. Phone was in my pocket, hasn't been dropped or dropped in water.

Would this be an issue that will be covered under warranty? Or any way to fix this issue without sending the phone back?

I called AT&T who said they would send me out a new phone, then I would need to return this one. I'm just worried that I'll send this one back and they will tell me it wasn't covered. Then I'll end up holding the bag on another $900 phone.

A a long as there is no physical damage or water exposure or of course Knox tripped by rooting, the replacement won't be a problem.