SG6E+ Google Play Games Won't Launch (No Internet Connection)

DonnieNarco

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, I just picked up a new SG6E+ today and set it up as a new device. I logged into my Google Account, updated anything that it asked for, then began downloading all of my apps. Everything was working very smoothly until I decided to fire up Clash of Clans and noticed that it wasn't connecting to my Google account. I opened up Google Play Games and it gave me the error of "No Internet Connection, Please Try Again."

I began searching forum post after forum post about this and found thousands of people having this issue. I tried every solution everyone supplied, from setting the Date/Time manually, to checking Download Manager is enabled, to uninstalling Google Play Services and removing my Google Account....none of them worked at all. I also did a Wipe Cache Partition in the boot menu, that also didn't work.

I am now going through the process of a factory reset and allowing it to restore from my latest backup of my old phone. I am hoping that takes care of it.

My question to you all is, am I missing something? Is there some other fix that I am not aware of that is unique to the SG6E+?

Any ideas would be helpful, and I will update this once the restoration is complete. Thank you.

EDIT: After a full factory reset and restore, it seems that Google Play Games is working once again. Sucks that I have to do that, but at least its working.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc