Alarm clock won't work when phone turned off

mairmann

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to get the alarm clock to work when my phone is turned off. Or do I need to download a different alarm app to do this. I am using the alarm clock that came on the phone. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean when the phone is completely powered off, or only when the screen is turned off and the phone is asleep?

mairmann

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I mean when the phone is completely powered off. I usually charge my phone overnight but as they all seem to get hot when charging I don't want to do that anymore but I also am thinking of turning it off then as well

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey mairmann,

I hear ya...
I remember when the ooooooooold phones were able to have the alarm go off with the phone switched off. Even when it's off due to a flat battery.
It boggles my mind why they go away with technologies and features that WORKED.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When a device is completely powered off, nothing will work, so the alarm clock won't either. How hot is your phone getting when you charge it? It's normal for it to get a little warm, but once it's fully charged, the current should drop to a trickle, and the phone should no longer be warm.

mairmann

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Its not getting that hot, I just thought it would be handy if it was available to have the phone turned off and still be able to use the alarm clock like you used to be able to do with the older phones

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I agree it sucks. I built an alarm clock and users give it low ratings because it's not working when the phone is off. Try to explained it's because the android OS but so far with no success.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc