Phone turn on or charge

Trish Borace

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
So, this is my 2nd Galaxy S6 Edge from T-Mobile. Long story short, after a bunch of problems with this phone, it won't turn on or charge now.

I woke up with me having 80% battery. I make my morning coffee, and go check my phone, and it's completely turn off. It won't charge or turn on. I plug in the phone, and the battery shows up on the screen for approximately 3 seconds, then turns off. It keeps on repeating it over and over and over again. I've tried all different types of chargers. I try turning on the phone, and it turns right back off right when the Galaxy S6 Edge boot up screen shows up.

I've tried to chat with Samsung to see what I could do, and they didn't help me at all. I've tried to reset the phone and tried a bunch of different button combinations with nothing working. The only thing I could make work, is to get my phone stuck in ODIN mode for over 2 hours.

Someone please help me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long have you had this replacement? Assuming there's been no damage or water exposure, I'd say it's also defective. Bring it back to your wireless store and see if they can help. If they tell you to call Samsung, then try a Samsung Store at Best Buy first. You ultimately may still have to call Samsung about another warranty repair/replacement.

Trish Borace

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I've had it since July. There is no external or water damage. I took it to my wireless store, and they said I can't really do anything but pay for a rental phone until the phone I ordered comes in. Ugh! I tried contacting Samsung and they said that there was an issue with it, and to mail it to Plano Texas. I won't have a phone for at least 2 weeks, and I need a phone for work. It sucks because it's my 2nd time going through this with an S6 Edge.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That stinks.:-\ You don't have any old backup phones? Don't feel like rockin' an old Droid Incredible or some other ancient phone that might be lying around in your desk?:p