Galaxy S6 Edge Fingerprint error message "Make sure its clean and dry"

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Ever since i resetted my phone every time i when I click on "+ Add Fingerprint" I immediately get an error message saying "Make sure that the Home key is clean and dry, then try again". I have resetted my phone again and it still says the same thing. I have tried wiping the cache and going into safe mode but still no luck. I have cleaned it alot of times and still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there a reason why you reset the phone in the first place? Was it malfunctioning before? Have you tried another factory reset?

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I reset it so i can have a fresh start cause i had a bunch of stuff i wanted to be gone and the finger print was working just fine before i reset it. And yes i reset it a second time and it still says the same thing. The phone worked perfectly before the reset

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's concerning for a hardware failure of the scanner. Try bringing it to your local Best Buy and see if the Samsung rep can do anything.

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I reset it so i can have a fresh start cause i had a bunch of stuff i wanted to be gone and the finger print was working just fine before i reset it. And yes i reset it a second time and it still says the same thing. The phone worked perfectly before the reset

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Did you ever fix this problem? Any information would help please

FingerPrinT12

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
hey guyz a few days ago I uptaded my note 5 to marshmallow but there is a problem which is same with ur problem u wrote about on the forum. have u fixed it if so how did u fix it. if u guyz let me know it ill really appriciate it ty

smithy859055

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I updated my s6 edge to marshmallow and ever since then I have not been able to use the fingerprint scanner as it keeps coming up with the same message digesting that I need to make suse the home key is dry and clean. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. Never had any problems whatsoever before this....

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I updated my s6 edge to marshmallow and ever since then I have not been able to use the fingerprint scanner as it keeps coming up with the same message digesting that I need to make suse the home key is dry and clean. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. Never had any problems whatsoever before this....

Sorry guys, I list that phone last week but had still not fixed it, I suggest you take this up with samsung as you might have warranty still. Sounds like its an unficable issue.

Or upgrade from samsung, im currently on the Huawei p9.. great bit of kit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34