performance post 5.1.1. (AT&T)

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have seen a massive performance boost after the upgrade.

I was about ready to ditch the phone before that happened (and to a non samsung phone as this was my first samsung in years and was so soured on the performance). My phone always ran hot, sometimes to the touch (used a case). It would frequently freeze 4 or 5 seconds in the middle of routine activity like opening an ap, dragging an icon etc. Stating camera with double tap home could take 30 seconds before it was responsive enough to take a picture, etc. If this sounds ridiculous, it was, but it happened gradually over several months. I cleared the cache, uninstalled everything, disabled stuff to no avail.

After the patch it is flying again, like it was the day I got it in the store. A week later still good. I ran a benchmark and got a lower score... I wonder if it is throttling the cpus more aggressively. I don't care, this is what it should have been.

Posted via the Android Central App

dtresca

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing the same exact thing. The phone was almost unusable prior to the update. Loving this phone again!

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: performance post 5.1.1. (AT&T)

For some reason after this 5.1.1 update I can't close the edge screen by swiping it to close. The only way is to hit the back key. Before the update I able to close the edge screen by swiping it... Any of you experiencing this issue?

purplemarauder#AC

May 24, 2010
Visit site

For some reason after this 5.1.1 update I can't close the edge screen by swiping it to close. The only way is to hit the back key. Before the update I able to close the edge screen by swiping it... Any of you experiencing this issue?

I think this is because the swipe gesture now switches the edges screen between apps and people instead of closing.

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I think this is because the swipe gesture now switches the edges screen between apps and people instead of closing.

Funny just before you answered my question I found the answer myself. All you have to do is press on the screen instead of swiping and the it will take you back to the home screen.

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am getting a factory unlocked S6 Edge. I will be taking it to the AT&T B&M store to get a rom and connect it to my current AT&T service. Will there be any problems getting Android updates from AT&T for the new phone? I had no problems with my now-trashed S4, but that was an AT&T purchased phone. I am using a older Galaxy Note i717 for the time being which was also unlocked. When I check for updates I get a message that it cannot connect to the server. Makes me a little nervous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463