I want to clear "learned words" on my Galaxy S6 Edge PLus

GomerPyleUSMC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I write a text message, the predictive process always suggests learned words as I begin typing a word. In my case, it is suggesting every e-mail address that my gmail has ever received an e-mail from, that has been CC'd on an e-mail I have received, or that I have sent an e-mail to. It's crazy.

I am looking for a way to clear ALL learned words in one shot. I know I can do it one at a time when the learned word appears, but that will take forever. There should be a way to clear all of the learned words out of my Samsung S6 Edge plus.

Further, not all of the learned words even clear when I clear them individually.

Any help?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings > application management and find the keyboard app you're using. Open that and hit the clear data button

GomerPyleUSMC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
This is maddening. Using the basic Samsung Keyboard on my S6 Edge Plus, I get endless suggested words in the form of an equally endless array of e-mail addresses. It seems every e-mail address to ever interact with my gmail is considered a learned word.

I have cleared it many times as described above, but it all keeps coming back. Any help?

GomerPyleUSMC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Noticed lately that its getting worse. Its now suggesting home and personal email addresses of people I know from work. Thing is, I never knew or used their home or personal email addresses. I just use their work email addresses, and never on this phone. I think it is somehow lifting the email addresses from my linkedin account.

Dreadnaught81

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

Posted via the Android Central App

Clearing the data from the keyboard IS the solution. The trick is you have to disable the default setting to sync keyboard data off in your Samsung Account sync settings. Disable that, and clear your keyboard data, all done! Worked for me and hasn't come back!

anon(9735774)

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Clearing the data from the keyboard IS the solution. The trick is you have to disable the default setting to sync keyboard data off in your Samsung Account sync settings. Disable that, and clear your keyboard data, all done! Worked for me and hasn't come back!

How/where do you do this? I haven't been able to find this.

DMgoz

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Having the same issue and can't figure out your solution. Can you walk through how to do that please? The email autoreplacement is maddening.

xdollface8

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I just scrolled my contacts. It also seems that every person who has ever emailed me... Email address has been added as a random contact.

For example the contact just reads johnsmith@gmail.com

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just scrolled my contacts. It also seems that every person who has ever emailed me... Email address has been added as a random contact.

For example the contact just reads johnsmith@gmail.com

There is a place to choose to display only contacts with a phone number. It isn't in contacts settings anymore since I have the Note 5. I accidentally found it the other day and I can't remember now where it was. I'll keep looking.