USB Port - Charges ONLY but no MTB

heyjustin

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
So, I've only had this phone for a month. I am not sure how this occurred or maybe it's due to the recent updates as I usually ignore the updates so I decided to update my phone. Now, it can't detect my phone. Just charges. I've done everything....download the samsung driver for my phone, download Kies and done the developer option to USB debugging....Am I miss something here?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a different cable? USB cables can fail unexpectedly.

Also, when you connect via USB, do you get a USB notification in the status bar. Swipe down and tap it, and make sure MTP is selected.

heyjustin

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a different cable? USB cables can fail unexpectedly.

Also, when you connect via USB, do you get a USB notification in the status bar. Swipe down and tap it, and make sure MTP is selected.

I have tired different cable but nothing wrong it just says charging. I don't even have the USB notification in the status bar . Is there any way to go to MTP?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Try this. With the phone connected to your PC with your USB cable, pull down your notification bar (upper left on screen). You should see the USB connection. Tap on it to open it up. You should see options to change to MTP from charging only. This worked for me.

tamasvarga

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi!

Did you find any solution for this?
My problems:
- I can't connect my S6 to PC. When I plug in the USB cable, it says the device is charging slowly, if I tap it, nothing happens. (original cable)
- I can't fast charge the phone with original charger and cable
- Gear VR not connecting, I just hear a repeating sound, and the phone freezes after disconnecting

I also had some software updates, I don't know if it caused the problems or it's hardware related. I tried everything, developer options on, USB debugging is on, tried *#0808#, rebooted multiple times, cleaned the USB port with air duster.

Phone model: SM-G920F
Android version: 6.0.1

Thanks in advance!

Mudley10

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Good day,
I'm sitting with the same issue and highly frustrated!!
Did you managed to resolve your problem?
If you have, could you please help me as I'm two steps away of decorating my wall with my phone!

Many thanks,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX