app windows keep closing randomly??

Matt_2662

May 1, 2015
Visit site
hey all,

i've been noticing this happening for awhile now.. for some reason my app windows will close randomly- no warnings, no errors, i tap the Recents key and apps that i had open are now gone.

there doesn't seem to be any pattern or consistency to this, i'll just eventually notice after doing things in other apps, that when i tap the Recents key, one (or more) have closed- in some cases i've had multiple apps open and they've all closed- ie, tap the Recents key and it's blank.

for example, just recently i had the Facebook app open (along with a few others), and when i went back to open it from the Recents key, it was gone. i've also noticed the same thing happen with the Instagram app, but i believe there are others..

so i'm assuming this isn't supposed to happen? my only thought was maybe apps are crashing when too much stuff is open at once, thought it's a pretty high end phone, and i typically only have 3-4 apps open at the same time, at most.. or maybe apps are closed automatically if they're open for too long with no activity? i can say that in some of these cases the apps had been open for hours or in some cases days by the time i noticed they were closed..

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

anon(9696123)

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
In the developer options there is a setting that closes all open activities and apps automatically. Go look there? It's called "do not keep activities". It will close any apps/activities that you have open.

Posted via the Android Central App

Matt_2662

May 1, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me again- I had a couple of Chrome windows open, Instagram and the email client- I checked something in one of the windows, pressed the Recents key to switch to another window, and all the windows were gone- with the message “no recently used apps”.

This can’t be normal, app windows should not just close unexpectedly with no warning; has anyone run into this issue?

I also looked into the developer options, i have never enabled these settings.

anon(9696123)

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you should contact who ever you got your phone from... or go on to Samsung Mobile's website and chat with them. They could get you a new phone! Or fix your problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance