My fingerprint feature was working fine...then suddenly it wasn't. I have the same fingers today that I had yesterday. So I'm then prompted to change my password via gmail. Did that. Didn't work. Tried hundreds of times now and I'm never prompted to try through gmail again. Logged into my Google Device Manager and Sprint told me (via another phone) I should see an option to UNLOCK the device, yet, only the LOCK option appears as if the phone is lost. Tried that new numeric code set using GDM...doesn't work. I refuse to factory reset. Not an option. The pictures of my 2yr old are irreplaceable. This should not be this hard! I'm on a business trip and need to use my phone. Please help
    11-09-2015 08:47 AM
    My fingerprint feature was working fine...then suddenly it wasn't. I have the same fingers today that I had yesterday. So I'm then prompted to change my password via gmail. Did that. Didn't work. Tried hundreds of times now and I'm never prompted to try through gmail again. Logged into my Google Device Manager and Sprint told me (via another phone) I should see an option to UNLOCK the device, yet, only the LOCK option appears as if the phone is lost. Tried that new numeric code set using GDM...doesn't work. I refuse to factory reset. Not an option. The pictures of my 2yr old are irreplaceable. This should not be this hard! I'm on a business trip and need to use my phone. Please help
    Welcome to the forums!

It seems like you have exhausted all options. The only thing left, if Sprint didn't disable it and you enabled it on your phone, is the Samsung find my mobile.

You can try logging into this site from a browser and you can unlock your phone with this.

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
    11-09-2015 10:15 AM
    not sure if someone posted this solution before - have not done an exhaustive search of the forum !- had the same situation twice so far in the past 60 days maybe... backup not working, account not working ( although both are correct !) and none of the fingerprints were working, the only way i got around it was to log to my Samsung account ( findmyphone on Samsung site) and unlock the screen then clear up the lock screen and security setting ( deleted the fingerprints and put a new one and new password) , still when you lock it back with fingerprints it will not accept it UNTIL you enter the backup password. it is an obvious a bug )
    12-29-2015 10:49 AM