Galaxy S6 Edge, weird sound while charging?

Yeoboseyo

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
The charger that came with the phone emits an uneven sound while charging, as well as getting really hot, and it's a bit worrisome. I think it happens more often when the screen is on, and the phone is plugged in. If I remember correctly, fast charging only occurs when the screen is off? But I don't remember reading any explicit warnings stating not to use your phone while it is charging...

This does not happen when I use a plain ordinary micro usb plugged into a computer or regular outlet. The sound really quite loud, I told my fiance to listen to it when it started again the other night and he could clearly hear it from his side of the bed. It's not a sound you would hear from across a room, but it's very audible to anywhere who is near it. It's not even just a steady buzz or hum, I don't really know how to describe it, but it goes up and down in frequency.

Anyone else have this issue? Should I exchange the phone? CAN I exchange it or will they call me crazy? Could it just be the charger? :confused:

P.s. can I just say how much of a nightmare this website is to post on? :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd bring it back to your carrier store and ask for a replacement charger, or contact Samsung for a replacement.

What problems are you having with posting on AC? Are you using one of the apps, the mobile browser, or the full desktop browser site?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance