Battery life keeps getting worse

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Battery for me started off awful when I got the phone half a year ago. It stabilized after a few weeks but lately it's been worse than it was. Here are screenshots of battery life. Anyone have any tips for me?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-21-23-27-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-21-23-27-16.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 162

jsushi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
We need:

- Phone model
- Screenshots of battery life after a full day of use (or however long it takes to get to around 10%)

your screenshot literally tells us nothing about your battery :/

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Damn I posted 3 screenshots but I guess you can only post one per post. Basically it dies on me in about 6 hours-8 hours. Android OS was at 6% usage yesterday up top followed by screen at 5%

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site
goto setting>applications>all now touch the apps u dont use and disable em. all google apps some samsung apps. system apps u cant disable any way. restart and this will help ur battery alot.
if you not sure for some app to disable or not disable ask again.
make backup of all the important data cos some times phone starts playing up really bad and in worst case scenario u may have to reinstall phone firmware do that u will lose all the data. 98% chances this wont gona happen. but its better to be safe then sorry.

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Here are pictures for today. 730-8 and 5-6 were commute times with phone connected to car through Bluetooth playing Pandora. Bluetooth on all day for my Moto 360. From 8pm to 4pm the phone was in my pocket while I was at work. No use usage whatsoever.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-22-18-03-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-22-18-03-23.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 145

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
And as far as disabling goes. Already done. I have only apps I use constantly installed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-22-18-03-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-22-18-03-33.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 143

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I turn WiFi and location off when I'm at work. Only have WiFi on when I have a connection. Bluetooth is the only thing consistently on because of my watch.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I read this in a forum post, but I can't find where i read it now. Credit is due someone, but I can't find it.

Go to Settings-> Data Usage -> Google Services, Turn on "Restrict Background Data"
Go data usage for the play store and turn on "Restrict Background Data" there too.
Reboot Phone.
Go back to Data Usage and turn restrict background data back off for both.

I went from 8-10% per hour battery consumption to about 4% per hour.
Can't explain why that worked, but it did.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So I have been struggling with this same battle since day one with this phone...so much so that I bought a Nexus 6P to replace it. While using the 6P, I totally reset the phone and watched it's battery usage after a fresh new phone reset. It sipped battery. I'm talking like 1% over 8-10 hours. There was no sim card in it, but it still had cellular for emergency calls.

So I decided to put my sim card in it yesterday for Christmas and see how it went. I have been off the charger for 19 hours and am at 51% battery. It has taken 50-60 photos and had 37 minutes of screen times. It certainly didn't follow my usual pattern of use, but even then I couldn't have lasted 19 hours and had any battery life left before I reset. It may be important to note that I am on AT&T

Things I have done:
Reset as totally new phone
Setup my Office 365 Account for Exchange
Setup Facebook
Setup Instagram
Setup Moments for Facebook
Setup/upgraded Photos from google and configured to backup my photos
Disabled all AT&T bloatware
Installed a nice little snow covered Samsung theme
Left it configured for HD Voice (even though I'm pretty sure I have never gotten that functionality with anyone)
GPS is configured for wifi, cell, GPS, but location tracking is turned off.

Things I have not done (on purpose)
Configured Google Now (scared it is one of the major culprits of my battery issues)
Allowed AT&T to backup/restore/sync my SMS/MMS messages

It appears that the biggest battery drain is every time I turn on the screen. Big dips in the battery meter at those points, but that is to be expected. What kind of screen on time is good for a phone like this? 4-5 hours?

losyur

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
So I have been struggling with this same battle since day one with this phone...so much so that I bought a Nexus 6P to replace it. While using the 6P, I totally reset the phone and watched it's battery usage after a fresh new phone reset. It sipped battery. I'm talking like 1% over 8-10 hours. There was no sim card in it, but it still had cellular for emergency calls.

So I decided to put my sim card in it yesterday for Christmas and see how it went. I have been off the charger for 19 hours and am at 51% battery. It has taken 50-60 photos and had 37 minutes of screen times. It certainly didn't follow my usual pattern of use, but even then I couldn't have lasted 19 hours and had any battery life left before I reset. It may be important to note that I am on AT&T

Things I have done:
Reset as totally new phone
Setup my Office 365 Account for Exchange
Setup Facebook
Setup Instagram
Setup Moments for Facebook
Setup/upgraded Photos from google and configured to backup my photos
Disabled all AT&T bloatware
Installed a nice little snow covered Samsung theme
Left it configured for HD Voice (even though I'm pretty sure I have never gotten that functionality with anyone)
GPS is configured for wifi, cell, GPS, but location tracking is turned off.

Things I have not done (on purpose)
Configured Google Now (scared it is one of the major culprits of my battery issues)
Allowed AT&T to backup/restore/sync my SMS/MMS messages

It appears that the biggest battery drain is every time I turn on the screen. Big dips in the battery meter at those points, but that is to be expected. What kind of screen on time is good for a phone like this? 4-5 hours?

I totally agree with you, that the biggest battery drain is the screen. Once I had the round screen in my LG G3 s switched on, it took around 8-10 hours and my battery was gone.
Now, I switched it off and it takes 14-16 hours.
However, the question "What kind of screen on time is good for a phone like this? 4-5 hours?" interests me as well.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So I added more apps and did some configuring...totally messed up the battery. Chews through 5-7% an hour now just sitting still with the screen off...here are the things I did after I did my prior steps listed above:

Install One drive (then had to uninstall it because it kept chewing up the battery even worse than the 5-7% per hour)
Setup s-health and auto-sync
Our Groceries and key. Setup sync
Netflix
Amazon Underground
Amazon Video
Apple Music
Amazon Echo
Wells Fargo
PNC
Configured Visual Voicemail
Philips Hue

I'm resetting the phone again and going to try putting on some of those apps in the section I just posted that I think shouldn't cause grief. I really hate that I have to do this at all. Why does this thing get so tangled up with use? My wife has been using her iPhone without any sort of trouble like this, and she plays the heck out of Candy Crush and other silly games like that.

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
My battery pretty good on tmobile screen on time is no more than 3 hours though

Attachments

• 879.jpg
    879.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 67

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
My phone died while I was at work today. Off charger at 930 and I left work at 8. This is getting ridiculous at this point.

ZMnsr1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
This was 2 days ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-30-19-33-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-30-19-33-03.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 63

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I think your getting battery drain because the screen on time is on a lot, another thing to check is WiFi setting go to advance and uncheck allow Google scan apps . Then go to account sync for Google and I only have contacts and photos sync on the rest off same goes for other account I don't have them syncing also Google play store I have automatic apps updates off maybe this will help you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante