Google Calendar not syncing correctly or giving notifications

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. For the past couple of days I've noticed that none of my calendar appointments, all of which are by default set up to notify me 15 minutes before the appointment, do not give me the notification anymore. I've checked each of the appointments and they are still set for the 15 minute notification.

Yesterday I noticed that events I was putting on my calendar through Google Calendar portal on my PC were not syncing to my phone until I would go to Settings>Refresh on my phone's Calendar app. When those appointments would sync through, their notifications would work but none of the appointments I add onto the phone itself.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I've never had any issues until recently

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the stock Calendar app, or the actual Google Calendar app?

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account]​, and make sure Calendar is checked on.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm using the Google Calendar app, not Samsung. Went to the settings and it was checked. Unchecked and checked again to see if that can help.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Something I just realized is when I do the "Ok Google" route and verbally make a calendar appointment, it comes back with an error and doesn't work. This started around the same time as the above mentioned problems.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No I haven't. I ended up uninstalling the Calendar app (didn't know I could do that. Thought it was as native as the Samsung calendar app) and reinstalling it. Seems to have fixed the issue. Very anticlimactic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781