What are the biggest complaints from S6 Edge users?

vizionlife

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
STILL the best phone ive ever used. I think the biggest shortcoming is touchwiz. They need to get rid of it and just run stock android. I use Nova but im sure TW still runs wild in the background hogging resources. Battery life has become much better after app optimisations. The lack of SD card doesn't really bother me nor does non removal battery. Ill take those at the expense of thin and light. I love the s6 and not confident I will switch the the s7.

NoahsArk97

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Holding it is a tad difficult without a case. I think that should be improved, along with the removal of most aspects of touchwiz, although there are some features that I like about it.

Posted via the Android Central App

dlrogers81

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am actually quite impressed with the Edge. I only wish the battery life was better, but it's not horrible...I keep a wireless charger at work and the fast charge at home, so I can deal with that. I'm also impressed how they have toned down touch wiz, or so it seems. I do wish it had an SD card slot, but with all of the available cloud storage options today, it's definitely not been a problem.

I look forward to seeing what the Marshmallow update will bring to it.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
My experience with Edge is not good... I frequently suffered hanging issues along with battery. I spent lot of money but its not worth buying. Now I have one Gionee S7 and its quite decent in its price and feature also. Pls samsung nid to work on their hanging issues. :(

Factory reset your S6 edge. It will work like a charm!

Posted with ❤Love❤

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Like Noah said above, holding it without a case is difficult. Other than that I love this phone. The only issue I've had is with Samsung's email app. It doesn't sync very well. I ended up going back to K9 mail app.

To the people above, what is it about touchwiz you don't like? I've owned Motorola, HTC, and LG phones and Touchwiz is way better than what the others use.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
No expandable storage, and too small a battery. Other than that, the phone is incredible. But because of the shortfalls I mentioned, I was forced into buying the lg v10 and keeping the s6 as a backup. Buy the way, the v10 is fantastic. It'll be interesting to see what the G 5 has to offer. Compare it with the s7 before finalizing your decision. I've been reading that lg is working hard and pulling out all the stops to try to beat the s7.

Posted via Android Central App

tim-x

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
The phone is gorgeous and technologically is incredible. However ergonomically it's terrible. It's difficult to hold especially without a case.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'd add the issue of the home button here.

The quality of home buttons on the 2015 galaxy phones have been horrible. The amount of money you pay for this phone and then the quality of materials you get is really unacceptable.

After a few weeks of usage the home button got scratched up SO BAD. Starts to look even worse after some months of usage. The chrome finished plastic as well as the weak plastic or glass used in the middle are just horrible!

I've noticed that they changed materials in the note 5 and edge plus, but I've seen them after a months use showing the same amount of damage as the S6 and the Edge variants. I just hope they fix this issue in this year's line up.

Otherwise I love the edge. I think it is the best compact phone out there.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd add the issue of the home button here.

The quality of home buttons on the 2015 galaxy phones have been horrible. The amount of money you pay for this phone and then the quality of materials you get is really unacceptable.

After a few weeks of usage the home button got scratched up SO BAD. Starts to look even worse after some months of usage. The chrome finished plastic as well as the weak plastic or glass used in the middle are just horrible!

I've noticed that they changed materials in the note 5 and edge plus, but I've seen them after a months use showing the same amount of damage as the S6 and the Edge variants. I just hope they fix this issue in this year's line up.

Otherwise I love the edge. I think it is the best compact phone out there.

How are the home buttons getting scratched? I've had mine four months now and the home button looks the same as it did when I bought it. A friend of mine has had his two months at it also looks fine.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
That's how it's supposed to be? Mine came without the scratches man. And with the price you pay for this phone, you should get better materials. And I don't know if you're planning to use your phone for a while, but if you are, wait for the chrome finish around the button to age. It looks so bad!

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that the G5 and S7 are out, I've got to admit that I'll be going with the S7 edge. That bigger battery and expandable storage did it for me.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well without a doubt, THE BATTERY. other than that, I've got the 128GB model, so storage space isn't an issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance