Has anyone gotten Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So apparently they've officially released it. Has anybody gotten it so far?

It sounds too good to be true.

Posted via the Android Central App

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So apparently they've officially released it. Has anybody gotten it so far?

It sounds too good to be true.

For the U.S. owners it will be a couple more months (my guestimate). Samsung released it to the carriers and then they massage it to add their crap into it then release it to us.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure the S7 will release before the S6 gets the update. Having marshmallow on the S6 would probably cause less incentive to switch to the S7. My .02

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure the S7 will release before the S6 gets the update. Having marshmallow on the S6 would probably cause less incentive to switch to the S7. My .02

On the other hand, consumers like me will think "let's not go for Samsung this time because we all know it won't get updated anytime before the S8 comes out. Let's try htc or LG or Sony this time"

Maybe? Because I don't like this approach from Samsung at all!

youngmac2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Lucky you. How is it?

I like it. Seems smoother. Fingerprint scanner faster. Doze works well for me. Battery seems slightly better but hard to say now, need more testing.
However last night phone just restarted itself and was stuck in the black (samsung screen) light button on and notification light on for 15 minutes.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I like it. Seems smoother. Fingerprint scanner faster. Doze works well for me. Battery seems slightly better but hard to say now, need more testing.
However last night phone just restarted itself and was stuck in the black (samsung screen) light button on and notification light on for 15 minutes.

It's a bit buggy I see. Do share if it happens again.

But good to hear all the positive stuff! How about the edge features? Do they seem improved as well?

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
UK unlocked, been using it for a day and feels like a new phone. Feels a lot faster and love the new edge features which i used a lot previously but just seem more complete now. Still looking forward to the S7 edge but this will do until i get it on release.

Peter Atkinson

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I've given in and downloaded the firmware from SamMobile and all is working well on 6.0.1 I would however prefer if I could install a clean version without the Samsung bloatware

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Just thought I'd check and I have the marshmallow update ready to download. Don't know why the phone didn't notify me.

UK s6 edge on the Vodafone network. ;)

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Just installed Marshmallow this morning as so far so good.

All the new edge features have been added for me so i have task edge, tool edge and can have more apps ect.
Fingerprint scanner seems to be working alot quicker.
New annimation when you charge your phone which looks pretty good.
Doze - too early to tell as i've been using it non stop since i installed it.
You can now search for apps in your app tray.
Re-Ordering apps is alot easier on the home screen.
RAM Management - Hovering around the 75-80% for me.