S6 Edge Screen will remain black, but everything else still works

kliwete

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I recently received a replacement S6 Edge for one that I broke through my carrier's insurance program. I had bought a brand new screen protector and put it on last night, it uses a "wet" application procedure. I followed the installation instructions to the letter and then following the installation I turned my phone on. Everything was fine at first, then it randomly shut off after playing a game for a while. I thought that was weird, but waited a few minutes and turned it back on. Then this morning I noticed that the screen was acting funny, it would flash and had different bands of light/dark going on. I reset it and now the screen won't turn on at all. I can confirm the device is actually on, it connects to my Pebble smart watch and other bluetooth devices. I even did the emergency software recovery and initialization to reset it. During the device set up I can turn on the voice assist and can blindly navigate through some of the menus. It seems to be only the screen that is affected. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do? I don't really want to go through getting another device again from the insurance company, I just did that last week, but I also can't really use my phone since I can't actually see what I'm doing.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like a faulty screen, and I doubt that anything you did caused the problem. Contact the insurance company and let them know that the replacement they sent you is defective.

GutterGuppy

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Was just curious as to how "wet" the procedure is to put that screen protector on. Maybe some "wet" got into the phone along the edge. Did you take off the screen protector to see if that had anything to do with your problems since that's when it started.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae