Hello
    i have the s6 edge sm-925f, today i was using snapchat and suddenly the phone turned off
    when i turned it back on it was stuck on samsung screen
    i didnt update it or root it or anything
    and i also cant access the recovery menu when pressing home power and volume up
    i tried to install new software downloaded from sammobile using odin, but still the same problem
    what should i do? thx
    02-25-2016 03:27 PM
    Hello
    i have the s6 edge sm-925f, today i was using snapchat and suddenly the phone turned off
    when i turned it back on it was stuck on samsung screen
    i didnt update it or root it or anything
    and i also cant access the recovery menu when pressing home power and volume up
    i tried to install new software downloaded from sammobile using odin, but still the same problem
    what should i do? thx
    hey matey have you tried samsung kies? i can help if you like?
    02-25-2016 04:05 PM
    how to use it? and will it help??
    02-25-2016 04:31 PM
    yeah it will help it should get your device working again first of all download samsung kies from the website Kies | Samsung UK
    02-25-2016 04:38 PM
    I tried to use an emergency recovery using both Kies and Smart Switch.. still same problem
    02-25-2016 07:15 PM
    any other ideas?
    02-26-2016 06:20 AM
    I had a similar problem with my Galaxy S5. I could not get past the Samsung screen. I tried everything, Kies, etc., nothing worked. If your device is newer I would suggest going through some sort of warranty replacement. If it is older you may need to send it directly to Samsung for service. My phone was out of warranty so I chose to send it to Samsung for repair. It took about 4 days total time there and back and cost me $70 US. Note I am in the US and bought my phone here (Sprint).

Elfyn
    02-26-2016 11:10 AM
    I had a similar problem with my Galaxy S5. I could not get past the Samsung screen. I tried everything, Kies, etc., nothing worked. If your device is newer I would suggest going through some sort of warranty replacement. If it is older you may need to send it directly to Samsung for service. My phone was out of warranty so I chose to send it to Samsung for repair. It took about 4 days total time there and back and cost me $70 US. Note I am in the US and bought my phone here (Sprint).

Elfyn
    so you tried kies with the emegancy recovery software?
    02-26-2016 12:10 PM
    Yes, but it would not work. I was informed by Samsung support that Kies would not work with Sprint branded phones.
    02-26-2016 12:31 PM
    Yes, but it would not work. I was informed by Samsung support that Kies would not work with Sprint branded phones.
    well thats bull! yes it does workit need to work for you to put the software back on the phone so the chatting crap
    02-26-2016 04:39 PM
    well thats bull! yes it does workit need to work for you to put the software back on the phone so the chatting crap
    I'm sorry if I gave wrong information, all I know is I could not get Kies to work so I could put the firmware back on my phone. When I finally called Samsung, they asked if I had tried Kies and I told them yes. Then when I told her it was a Sprint phone, she told me Kies would not work with my phone because it was from Sprint.

I never meant to imply that Kies would not work for the OP, just that it did not work for me.
    02-26-2016 08:06 PM