Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Bluetooth connectivity issue, how can I fix it?

dave_cunnah

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy s6 edge Bluetooth connectivity issue

I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and am trying to connect it to the Bluetooth in my 2012 Mercedes E Class. The car picks up the phone when Bluetooth is switched on and tries to connect, however I cannot get the phone to find the car's Bluetooth when I search for devices and therefore havent been able to connect the two. I've tried connecting to other cars with no problem (a Ford and a Seat) and had no problem with either of those. Anybody had any similar problems?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy s6 edge Bluetooth connectivity issue

Welcome to Android Central! Can the phone see other Bluetooth devices, like a headset or speakers?

dave_cunnah

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy s6 edge Bluetooth connectivity issue

I haven't tried headset or speakers but it finds other cars Bluetooth, a Ford Kuga and a Seat Leon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried forgetting or deleting the phone in the car's system, then trying to connect again?

dave_cunnah

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Haven't tried that yet, not sure how to delete a phone from the car system, also as the car can see the phone but the phone can't see the car, it would seem to imply the problem is the phone rather than the car wouldn't it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering if clearing the phone information from the car might let you start from scratch. On my wife's Mazda6, there's definitely a way to delete a phone from the car's memory. Not sure about your Mercedes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11