Android 6.0.1 issues thread

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Please share with us any issues you've faced during your time using the 6.0.1 on your Galaxy S6 edge.

I've been facing issues with delay in lockscreen animation. And some of the times apps seem unresponsive. Specifically textra. Otherwise it's been working smoothly. Don't think it's a significant update over 5.1.1.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Posted via the Android Central App

Huw Thomas1

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
im getting constant wifi and mobile data drop out issues with some apps like it will randomly disconnect then reconnect, sometimes they take a while to reconnect and notifications wont come through

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My battery life sucks after the marshmallow update. I have no idea what to do about it. Any tips would be nice.

Sent from my awesome S6 Edge!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
My battery life sucks after the marshmallow update. I have no idea what to do about it. Any tips would be nice.

Mine has improved I don't know how.

Well all I can tell you is that location services take the most battery. So I usually keep it off. And turn it back on only if needed.

And also, Google now cards along with location takes even more battery.

I don't hinder with anything else. I've turned off app optimisation. I'm getting 4 to 5 SOT. My use doesn't include playing games. But except that I use my phone pretty heavily.

Try turning off location.
Disable s health if you don't use it.
Disable S voice if you don't use it.
Disable all the apps you don't use.

DGrand

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
S6edge... Marshmallow update 6.0.1
I've troubles with loosing network connections on upload (e.g. to dropbox) and on download (standard internet browser), when I change to another app or when screensaver starts / cellphone locks.
I've huge problems with all kind of background syncronization / updates / scheduler (play store, email accounts as imap mail and exchange server) and no access any more to the exchange server address book (partly working in email app, nothing in calendar and contact app).
I've deleted my echange inbox and no inprovement...
Battery consumption increased due to MM update.
I've updated to 6.0.1 and yesterday I did another update (android version 6.0.1; basis band version G925FXXS3DPB3).
Improved time setting in calendar and alarm.
Missing release notes with explanation of changes.
NOT recommanded for business users due to lack of access to global address book and malfunction of mail synchronization.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
S6edge... Marshmallow update 6.0.1
I've troubles with loosing network connections on upload (e.g. to dropbox) and on download (standard internet browser), when I change to another app or when screensaver starts / cellphone locks.
I've huge problems with all kind of background syncronization / updates / scheduler (play store, email accounts as imap mail and exchange server) and no access any more to the exchange server address book (partly working in email app, nothing in calendar and contact app).
I've deleted my echange inbox and no inprovement...
Battery consumption increased due to MM update.
I've updated to 6.0.1 and yesterday I did another update (android version 6.0.1; basis band version G925FXXS3DPB3).
Improved time setting in calendar and alarm.
Missing release notes with explanation of changes.
NOT recommanded for business users due to lack of access to global address book and malfunction of mail synchronization.

I was facing the same issues with synchronisation.

I went ahead and disabled app optimisation. Go to settings, smart manager and battery. Turn it off.

This resolved my issues. Hopefully it does yours too.

App optimisation puts apps to sleep I guess and the notifications get jumbled up and I was receiving them only when I turned on the display.

And for the rest of the issues I think it's the RAM management issue. Which you should've been facing even with lollipop. Not sure about this though.

Anyways. Hope this helps.

DGrand

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Eureka!
After I deactivated the battery optimization of the concerning apps (logical & comprehensible 🤓):
- sync runs fine (with imap and exchange accounts)
- global address book from exchange server is back (email, contact, phone & calendar app)
Thank you very much!

jrkelly

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site

You're not the only one. My normal usage would last me all day. The only thing that changed was the update. My battery just goes down as I'm watching it. I'm also having problems charging it. I've come downstairs in the morning and found it still charging and on 99% so never quite getting to the point of finishing.

I'm reluctant to go through things and disable bits. Why should I? It was working before. It should be working now.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Well I have to say that at first I didn't think Marshmallow on S6 edge is a big deal and I didn't think of it as being a huge upgrade to previous version.

It's been a very consistent experience for me. And very smooth. So smooth that when I use my ipad and use my S6 edge after, it seems like a continuation of the experience.

I'm very happy with where Samsung is heading. Good good. But I still expect them to lean towards stock android in the future.

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
My problem I brought a portable battery pack which now will not work in fact says it's a slow charge yet under lollipop it worked amazingly well charged it with no issues

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just did the MM update on my S6 edge. So far, excellent. Everything is operating as it should. I did notice that the fingerprint scanner seems to be reacting quicker. But it's running almost as smooth as my S7 edge.

Arnedanc

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Email syncing for Pop3 is broken after upgrade, new emails is synching ok, but emails 'deleted' from the server is never removed from the client. Tried installing Blue mail, but the same occurs in this app as well.
Manual delete of these 'deleted' emails is the only solution.
'Deleted' means removed from server when I received them on my Email client on my PC.

Johnny Abatti

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Email syncing for Pop3 is broken after upgrade, new emails is synching ok, but emails 'deleted' from the server is never removed from the client. Tried installing Blue mail, but the same occurs in this app as well.
Manual delete of these 'deleted' emails is the only solution.
'Deleted' means removed from server when I received them on my Email client on my PC.

Yep, same here.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
About battery life? Mine is now awesome. Im getting through a whole day easy. What I've always done to increase battery is to keep location on battery savings mode till I need it for navigation , I use automate to turn my wifi off when I leave home and back on when I get home. Works beautifully. But I was always in the 50% bracket at 5:00pm. Now it's 4:59 pm, I've used my S6 as I normally do and I'm at 74% . That a pretty dramatic increase.

Posted via Android Central App

fcman256

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I am having some real problems with syncing my contacts, calendar and gmail since upgrading to MM recently. Details:

Using Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Using native samsung calendar
Using AVG as anti-virus application.

Everything was working fine prior to upgrade. Have tried the fixes suggested here and elsewhere to no avail. Things tried:

Turned off Smart Manager and restarted device. No change.
Added Google Calendar app. No change.
Made sure settings were correct. Event is selected when creating calendar entry, etc. No change.
Cleared app cache in settings and restarted. No change.

I think Im down to two possible fixes: downgrading to previous version of OS or a factory reset. I use multiple accounts for business so using the Samsung native app is the best for me.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I am having some real problems with syncing my contacts, calendar and gmail since upgrading to MM recently. Details:

Using Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Using native samsung calendar
Using AVG as anti-virus application.

Everything was working fine prior to upgrade. Have tried the fixes suggested here and elsewhere to no avail. Things tried:

Turned off Smart Manager and restarted device. No change.
Added Google Calendar app. No change.
Made sure settings were correct. Event is selected when creating calendar entry, etc. No change.
Cleared app cache in settings and restarted. No change.

I think Im down to two possible fixes: downgrading to previous version of OS or a factory reset. I use multiple accounts for business so using the Samsung native app is the best for me.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Hey man. Can you elaborate on that? Your contacts aren't showing up? What about Gmail and calender? What's wrong what's happening and what's not happening?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci