After recent update to marshmallow the fast charging has not been working. I'm with sprint. Any ideas how to fix?

Sent from my awesome S6 Edge!
    03-21-2016 10:58 PM
    After recent update to marshmallow the fast charging has not been working. I'm with sprint. Any ideas how to fix?

Go into settings.
    Battery option.
    Scroll to the bottom.
    See if Fast charging is enabled or not.
    If not then enable it.
    If it's enabled and still not fast charging, restarting the device might help. If not, replace cable and wall adapter and check.

If these things don't work then I don't know what's wrong. Sorry.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-22-2016 04:13 PM

I just updated to marshmallow too and found that my fast charging is not working. It seems we are not the only ones having this problem after the system update. Charging now is a chore.
    05-03-2016 10:31 AM
    OK, I have a Note 4 on Sprint. Fast Charge for me is also "wonky." Here are steps that so far have worked as a workaround. (Full disclosure, I almost invariably charge my device when off, and these instructions apply to phone off charging):
    1) Turn off phone, wait for black screen.
    2) Plug in fast charger, from the wall to the phone
    3) Wait for the screen to go black again.
    4) Click the power or home button to get the screen to come on (shows the one dot in the bottom center).
    5) Unplug the phone and plug back in before the screen fades to black

This has worked on at least 4 occasions, but I can't guarantee this will work for all. Please let me know if this works for you!
    05-04-2016 03:34 PM
    OK, I have a Note 4 on Sprint. Fast Charge for me is also "wonky." Here are steps that so far have worked as a workaround. (Full disclosure, I almost invariably charge my device when off, and these instructions apply to phone off charging):
    1) Turn off phone, wait for black screen.
    2) Plug in fast charger, from the wall to the phone
    3) Wait for the screen to go black again.
    4) Click the power or home button to get the screen to come on (shows the one dot in the bottom center).
    5) Unplug the phone and plug back in before the screen fades to black

This has worked on at least 4 occasions, but I can't guarantee this will work for all. Please let me know if this works for you!
    Thank you so much! I was searching and searching for a solution and this worked!
    11-23-2016 02:05 PM
    Thank you so much! I was searching and searching for a solution and this worked!
    No worries! It's still annoying, but at least there's a workaround. I am however now concerned that I'm now effectively halving the life expectancy of the microUSB port.
    01-13-2017 12:38 PM