Mic for speech to text on messaging keyboard is just gone with the update?
    04-06-2016 11:58 PM
    Moved to the S6 edge forum.
    04-07-2016 01:12 AM
    I'll assume we're discussing the Samsung keyboard. Long-press on the button where the microphone button used to be - typically second from the left on the bottom row, next to the "Sym" key. It may currently be a settings-cog icon, or an emoji symbol. You'll see a pop-up offering alternatives for that button. Choose the microphone and it will become the default for that button.

Note that not every application will work in this manner. Many simply do not enable the microphone button on keyboard. For example, the Google app places its own microphone-button on the search-bar, and will not enable it on the keyboard. Most, however, do.
    04-09-2016 01:19 PM
    FYI the long press is correct but I have noticed that it doesn't leave it as the default. The button defaults to the last button I chose. So, if I used am emoji last, that's what it'll be next time I use the keyboard... if it was the mic then that'll stay there until it chose something else....

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2016 04:30 PM
    FYI the long press is correct but I have noticed that it doesn't leave it as the default. The button defaults to the last button I chose. So, if I used am emoji last, that's what it'll be next time I use the keyboard... if it was the mic then that'll stay there until it chose something else....

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm sorry if I was not clear, but that is what I was attempting to convey.
    04-10-2016 09:13 PM
    You were right on mark! worked perfectly.
    05-12-2016 11:21 AM
    I had to long hold on the settings (gear just to the right of the Sym) for it to pop up. Thank you!
    06-02-2016 06:18 PM
    I'll assume we're discussing the Samsung keyboard. Long-press on the button where the microphone button used to be - typically second from the left on the bottom row, next to the "Sym" key. It may currently be a settings-cog icon, or an emoji symbol. You'll see a pop-up offering alternatives for that button. Choose the microphone and it will become the default for that button.

Note that not every application will work in this manner. Many simply do not enable the microphone button on keyboard. For example, the Google app places its own microphone-button on the search-bar, and will not enable it on the keyboard. Most, however, do.
    06-16-2016 07:19 AM

I tried the long press but no mic was present on the list.
    06-16-2016 07:22 AM
    I tried the long press but no mic was present on the list.
    My long press only has mic and the cog. My emojis are missing too. Does anyone know how to fix that?!
    06-22-2016 02:33 PM