Hi!

So my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge's home button stopped working properly.

My fingerprint scanner doesn't recognize my finger when locked. And then I mean, at all - it doesn't recognize there's a finger onto it. It neither rejects or accepts it. But when I go to my fingerprint settings and put my finger onto then scanner it regonizes it and accepts it.

Also, I can't press it twice to start my camera anymore.

The only thing I can do with it is to lighten up my screen and getting to the home page.

Thing is, it worked perfectly fine just a couple of hours ago. I haven't dropped it 'nor gotten any water damages onto it during the time.

I've charged, restart, turning the settings for both fingerprint and camera on and off.

I really wouldn't like to reset the phone. Any tips or help?
    07-30-2016 05:34 AM
    Mod Note, I will move this to the s6 edge forum for more visibility
    07-30-2016 02:56 PM
    Hi!

So my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge's home button stopped working properly.

My fingerprint scanner doesn't recognize my finger when locked. And then I mean, at all - it doesn't recognize there's a finger onto it. It neither rejects or accepts it. But when I go to my fingerprint settings and put my finger onto then scanner it regonizes it and accepts it.

Also, I can't press it twice to start my camera anymore.

The only thing I can do with it is to lighten up my screen and getting to the home page.

Thing is, it worked perfectly fine just a couple of hours ago. I haven't dropped it 'nor gotten any water damages onto it during the time.

I've charged, restart, turning the settings for both fingerprint and camera on and off.

I really wouldn't like to reset the phone. Any tips or help?
    Me too, i was on the train unlocked my phone used the camera by double clicking the home button few minutes i try to unlock it doesnt respond, it works well for my private mode i can unlock it with fingerprint.
    Already tried deletin all the fingerprints, wipeing the button, restart, disable most of the features of the home button, nothing works..
    07-31-2016 01:38 PM