After my daughter updated my Samsung/android software, fast charging does not work. Went into battery, it says to disconnect the power cord to start fast charging. Disconnected wire from the phone, switched fast charging to "on", connect the phone, and then Fast charging goes back to the off position.
    09-23-2016 11:06 AM
    is it fast charging as normal just with the setting appearing off?

This looks like a widespread issue too

I got this phone but no update, do I avoid it?

And just saying, I don't think these phones fast charge IN USE, keep it locked maybe?
    09-24-2016 02:03 PM
    Fast charte works when battery is under 50% and locked.

I've had problems with my phone for months now standby only and phone is dead after a few hours. Have to keep my phone on charge all the time. Takes about 8 hours to do a full charge. I have brought new chargers cheap ones and expensive ones. I've tried turning apps off deleting apps that may drain. Etc etc I have 3 battery back ups on me just to get me through a working day. I can upgrade in January but if I had another year of my phone like this I would of had it looked at.
    I have done everything on all.sites have suggested and nothing has worked. I'm sure it was from the update couple of months ago that has knackered this phone
    09-27-2016 10:04 AM
    Fast charte works when battery is under 50% and locked.

I've had problems with my phone for months now standby only and phone is dead after a few hours. Have to keep my phone on charge all the time. Takes about 8 hours to do a full charge. I have brought new chargers cheap ones and expensive ones. I've tried turning apps off deleting apps that may drain. Etc etc I have 3 battery back ups on me just to get me through a working day. I can upgrade in January but if I had another year of my phone like this I would of had it looked at.
    I have done everything on all.sites have suggested and nothing has worked. I'm sure it was from the update couple of months ago that has knackered this phone
    For you, I'd say use an app called Doze (not to be mistaken for the Doze function) and for me, overnight, I only lose about 2% after getting that app... Also, only official samsung charger plugs and cables allow the phone to use fast charging, not any of this cheap third party stuff from amazon.
    09-27-2016 02:42 PM