Unbeknownst to me, I purchased the phone online through a non-approved dealer (and now Samsung say it isn't covered by warranty) although I've only had it 10 months. It does this a few times a day, if not more. I've tried clearing the cache, starting the phone in safe mode and restoring it but none of this has worked.

Tried searching online but can't find anything, does anyone have any ideas because I am getting so frustrated and can't afford to just buy a new one?
    10-17-2016 12:49 PM
    So far as you can tell, is the battery good?
    10-17-2016 04:29 PM
    Hi belodion, OP here- battery seems fine when the phone is working, however, if I shake the phone I can hear something is loose inside. The rattle originates from the upper left of phone.
    10-18-2016 11:37 AM
    Repost due to no answer and desperate, and another day with an unusable phone :-(

For annoying reasons, it's not covered by warranty even though 10 months old... It freezes, the LED notifier flashes yellow as it shuts down then stays white until it powers up again. It does this a few times a day, if not more. I've tried clearing the cache, starting the phone in safe mode and restoring it but none of this has worked. Sometimes it will keep on doing it in a loop, sometimes there is a 30-second interval and other times it just does it the once.

Tried searching online but can't find anything, does anyone have any ideas because I am getting so frustrated and can't afford to just buy a new one?
    10-19-2016 06:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Merged your two threads.

You mentioned trying it in Safe Mode -- does the phone still randomly reboot this way? If so, then the firmware may be corrupt. You could try reinstalling the firmware using Smart Switch (SmartSwitch: Install & update or replace firmware) or Odin (http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html).

The reason Samsung won't honor a warranty is probably because your phone is an international variant. What's the exact model number, in Settings>About Phone?
    10-20-2016 07:59 AM
    Thank you! Yes it does annoyingly. Have also restored the phone twice but with no luck :-( Think thats it yes, the model number is SM-G925FXXS4DPIK.
    10-20-2016 08:26 AM
    Have also restored the phone twice but with no luck
    When you say that you restored the phone, do you mean you did a factory reset, or reinstalled the firmware? They're different procedures. Factory reset uses the firmware that's already loaded onto the phone, and if that firmware is corrupt, the reset won't fix the corruption. Reinstalling the firmware can correct the issue if the existing firmware is corrupt.
    10-21-2016 06:24 AM
    Thank you for clearing that up, I did not know there was a difference- had just done a factory reset on the phone! Looked into replacing the firmware but only suggestion was to use jodin (as Im on mac) yet this doesnt support firmare flashing. Is there a simple and safe way to do this on OSX. Thanks for all your help
    10-21-2016 09:11 AM
    Try using Smart Switch, as suggested above.
    10-22-2016 08:13 AM
    Thanks B. Diddy, tried that just now, but when I started the initialization process it says 'no response from server' and then the app quits- have made sure its the latest update too
    10-22-2016 01:17 PM
    Hmm, I'm stuck. While we wait for any other input here, are you able to borrow someone else's PC to use Odin?
    10-23-2016 02:06 AM