Greetings everyone. I am at wits end right now. These past few weeks, my phone (galaxy s6 edge) has been crashing repeatedly. It does it quite rapidly especially after updates. It was perfectly fine until it had updated the first time. Then it randomly started crashing. I have tried everything to get it to stop. I've cleared the cache, factory reset multiple times, tried to go to Verizon, took it into best buy, and nothing worked. It keeps crashing to the point you can't use the phone. After taking it to best buy, they tried to flash the update again since they thought it was somehow disrupted during the update process. After that, it worked somewhat. It would still crash after opening up the camera or anything involving the camera. After today's update, it has reverted back to its ways of crashing within seconds of booting up. I've read other posts and other people have similar problems but I've noticed that it's not related to Facebook or being rooted (it's not). It's Android 6.0.1. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    02-04-2017 12:31 AM
    Does it persist in Safe Mode?
    02-04-2017 07:02 AM
    It does persist in safe mode.
    02-04-2017 10:42 AM
    Currently, after this update, it has started to work alright. I just can't open the camera app without it crashing. And when it crashes, it goes into a crash loop
    02-04-2017 12:28 PM
    Okay, I'll move the thread to S6E, where other users may have suggestions.
    Also, welcome as a new member.
    02-04-2017 12:53 PM
    Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what is causing it. It seems to be quite unpredictable. Some days, it will work fine (if I don't use the camera; as it will crash if I do use it) and other days, it will just crash and restart. Except when it restarts, the old tabs/programs I had open (in hopes that it did work) were still under the recent activity and could be reached via the bottom left key on the phone. I don't know if that made sense but I'm just trying to describe everything right now since it is killing me inside. Some days, it will crash and restart and other days (such as today), it will crash and just turn off. I have found that turning it off and leaving it off for a few hours works for some time but that's just unreliable to use. If anyone knows what may be causing this or how to fix it, I would appreciate it. It happened shortly after the update at the end of December. I'm hesitant to blame it on apps since, when it does work, there are no issues. The crashing does start in safe mode as well. I've also noticed that when I've turned it off, the battery depletes quite quickly as well. . Much thanks
    02-06-2017 12:10 PM