I have recently purchased an s6 edge and I am continue to receive the "camera failed" message when I go to use the camera. I have tried numerous solutions with no luck. I believe the camera needs to be replaced. I have been trying to find an OEM camera (either a samsung ISOCELL or the SONY IMX 240). Any recommendations to where I can purchase an OEM camera. I have found plenty on amazon and ebay but they are "generic brand." Are the generic brand camera's legit?
    04-13-2017 03:09 PM
    Go to the dial pad, type in *#0*# to get into service mode. Here you can test the hardware. Tap on mega camera or similar and you will see if the cam is working at a hardware level. If it passes the test, it's software. If it fails, it's the cam
    04-13-2017 06:59 PM
    I have a Motorola Droid Maxx my son dropped rocks on crackIng the screen. I had them replace the screen and thought wtf, replace the battery as well and I've had issues ever since.
    At one point therear camera wasn't working. Initially it was giving me an error message. After a factory reset it was seeing only the front camera. I found a forum with 5 pages that had a couple disassembly reassembly fixes, took screen shots ( I took it back to the store where they replaced the battery they worked with it a little bit and were able to get the rear camera working again.)

I would suspect the previous suggestion doesn'tproof hardware itself is damaged it proves it either the hardware is damaged or it's not getting sufficient powerwhich can be entirely different troubleshooting process but is fixable
    04-14-2017 07:26 AM