Help S6 Edge will not switch on - can't access photos!

A

AC Question

The phone won't switch on, charge or even wireless charge. Prior to it dying I was out on a hot day and felt the battery heat up and the phone died (was on about 70% battery). Took it down to a samsung store and they couldn't get it to switch on either...they said they would fix it but would require wiping out the data.

I stupidly didn't back up my photos. I'm thinking of taking it to an external repair shop - I suspect its a dead battery... is there anything else that could have caused this or is there anyway i can retrieve the data? I have my kids photos from when they were new born - feeling extremely sad atm as thats two years of memories down the drain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Replacing the battery shouldn't require a factory reset. Did you ask them to replace the battery only, or did they tell you they have to wipe the phone for a battery replacement as well?

If the phone isn't still under warranty, bring it to an independent cellphone repair shop, and see if they can replace the battery.

Jane Smith7

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Replacing the battery shouldn't require a factory reset. Did you ask them to replace the battery only, or did they tell you they have to wipe the phone for a battery replacement as well?

If the phone isn't still under warranty, bring it to an independent cellphone repair shop, and see if they can replace the battery.

So he didn't check if it was still under warranty. But said any repair would mean wiping out all data as its a part of their data protection policy. I'm not 100% sure if the issue is with the battery..when I charge the phone it doesn't switch on but the phone starts getting hot.

hollywood305sxe

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Mine did the same thing yesterday like it was on its charger and the charge was super weak, And its percentage was going down really quickly and it died at 0% and now it will not recognize any chargers and I did all the reset procedures and now its at its point to where it won't power up completely.. I'm literally having the same issue and have already replaced this phone once due to a cracked screen! I sure hope there is a possible fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs