Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge boot up nor charge? "Black Screen"

hollywood305sxe

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys, First time posting here and yesterday my phone decided to not charge at all... I simply tried all of the rebooting options like pressing the Power Button and Home Key and that did not help nor pressing all four buttons simultaneously to hard reboot it and I also tried charging it to an outlet and also plug it into a PC but it also does not charge? Today is my birthday and I really need to have access to my phone today!! It also seems like there can be a possible easier fix or solution without having to take it to a technician and spend a large sum of money perhaps? I'm just simply trying to figure this out without having to resort to that option!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, press and hold Power and Vol Down for about 15-20 seconds, to force a shutdown (in case the phone is actually frozen on a black screen). Then wait a few seconds, and then press and hold Power for about 15-20 seconds to see if the phone powers on. If nothing happens, even after keeping the phone on a wall outlet overnight, then it's possible the battery or the motherboard has failed. Unfortunately, this would mean bringing it to a repair shop (unless it's still under warranty, in which case you should contact Samsung).

hollywood305sxe

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I figured the motherboard got fried since it refuses to power on, I will try again but I doubt that will result in anything positive, Do you think its a battery issue and what will they do in a case like this? Give me a new phone or simply put in a new battery? Thanks In Advance for your response!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's not a warranty claim, then a repair shop might be able to test the battery first before they try to replace it.

If it still is under warranty, Samsung might replace the battery, the whole motherboard, or possibly even send you a replacement phone (which would most likely be a refurb).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs